Model Cars Magazine Forum

Waahington DC auto show Mustang club

On 1/23/2020 at 6:48 AM, afx said:

The Mach looks great Rex.

Thanks JC.  There's a nice 914 down there and other Posches, GT40, Cobra Coupe (McClusky) a Lamborghini Miura and a Countach, various old and newer Ferrari's side from the usual new cars including the new Corvette.

IMG_6679.JPG

IMG_6680.JPG

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6682.JPG

IMG_6683.JPG

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Thanks JC.  There's a nice 914 down there and other Posches, GT40, Cobra Coupe (McClusky) a Lamborghini Miura and a Countach, various old and newer Ferrari's side from the usual new cars including the new Corvette.

IMG_6679.JPG

Is the GT40 an original car or a reproduction?  I ask because the rear wheels are much more narrow than what I am used to seeing on the Gulf cars.

20 minutes ago, afx said:

Is the GT40 an original car or a reproduction?  I ask because the rear wheels are much more narrow than what I am used to seeing on the Gulf cars.

Made by Safir in the 80's using original parts.  I doubt it was ever raced so it's more of a street car.  I got to drive it a few years ago and it's as close as I will ever get to drive an original.  The same person owns the Cobra coupe which is built to original specs.  I got to ride as a passenger at a local road racing track about four years ago.

Edited by vamach1

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Made by Safir in the 80's using original parts.  I doubt it was ever raced so it's more of a street car.  I got to drive it a few years ago and it's as close as I will ever get to drive an original.  The same person owns the Cobra coupe which is built to original specs.  I got to ride as a passenger at a local road racing track about four years ago.

Awesome!