Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Cadillac Imperial V-16 Sedan

THarrison351

From Franklin Mint and better known as Al Capone's 1930 Armored Cadillac Imperial V-16 Sedan. This big Cadillac is sharp and well detailed. It was very dirty but almost completely undamaged and with all accessories. I didn't think it had any damage until I started to clean and polish and discovered the right horn and headlamp bucket was unattached. Fortunately the horn was captured by its mount bar and the lamp had a second attachment point or they might have been lost. I also discovered the right exhaust tip is missing. I'll have to look through my parts and see if I have anything close. There were a lot of nooks and crannies which made this difficult to clean. I find it pretty cool they include a Thompson .45 submachine gun, a replica of Al Capone's white Fedora hat and a leather briefcase. The car has unique details like gun portals in the rear door windows, a hinged working trunk rack and the doors are piano hinged. Here are the pictures.

LHSide-vi.jpg

Front2-vi.jpg

You might be able to see in the picture the right horn is askew.

Rear1-vi.jpg

TrunkMount-vi.jpg

Trunk rack unfolded, too bad they didn't include a trunk in this version. I think there's another version with one.

Engine1-vi.jpg

Interior2-vi.jpg

Chassis-vi.jpg

Polished-vi.jpg

All cleaned up and ready for action!

Tomorrow Danbury Mint's 1950 Mercury Custom.

So have I Randy. I got real lucky on this one. They usually go for more in this condition with a box, accessories and papers. Right time right place I guess. I paid $41 plus shipping and nothing was really really broken other than that exhaust tip which I missed. Well actually I don't see it in the supplied pictures. I'm happy, hopefully I'll eventually find the Dillinger and Bonnie and Clyde cars in a condition and price I can live with.

I think I was watching that one?  ?  I usually don't mind if don't win.  Just less money I am spending.  But like you, I do watch for the gangster cars.   Would like to get them at some point.  It's black so not a huge draw for me, but the extras make it worth watching.  I have the figures from the 32 Chrysler that could be used with it.