Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32nd Cheetah-Carrera the most recent?

russosborne

Walked into a slot car track place here in Glendale, AZ, and the bug returned.

My favorite car from the '60's when I was a kid watching my dad race was probably the Cheetah.

Looks like I missed out on Carrera still selling their's from the searching I have been doing just now.

So am I stuck with Ebay?

I could also use 1/24th on the tracks this guy is running. I'm not looking to be really racing others at this point, just want some track time in with a car or two I love. Not opposed to getting some cars from the 60's, specially the 1/24. That way I can use model bodies.? Not sure what all kits are out there today in 1/32.

I swear I was just curious to see what was close by. I've already bought the step granddaughter a couple of the Mini something Scaletrix sets, Batman /Superman  and Looney Tunes.She wants a bigger track and apparently they don't sell anything other than full sets.  She is 8 and loving this stuff. We are going on a family outing Saturday to the track. Guy also gives vets a good discount. 1.5 hours track time for the price of 1 hour. $5 a half hour, $2 car rental. Analog and digital. Just two tracks, in a small place. I was there saturday and it was dead. He says that is probably his slowest night, which is great for me since I work second shift during the week.

Thanks,

Russ

Edited by russosborne

Unfortunately the Carrera Cheetah has been out of production for a bit. The good news is that it was available in both 1/24 and 1/32 and Carrera does reissue cars on a regular basis. If you're not interested in eBay perhaps joining some slot car forums or Facebook groups to find what you're looking for might be a good idea.

There's a number of good ones out there. In my area Facebook marketplace turns up used tracks from Carrera, Scalextric, etc... so you can get your feet wet rather inexpensively. 

Edited by Phirewriter

• 1 month later...