Model Cars Magazine Forum
LL3 Model Worx

Long shot...

Seems like I have a kit with a phone, will try to remember which one.  You have a picture of what you want?

I think the johan rancher caddy has one, been a while since i looked in the box though, or maybe one of the cop car or semi kits has one

37 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Seems like I have a kit with a phone, will try to remember which one.  You have a picture of what you want?

Something like this...

83ccdc67c2372ac55aff6c8c33ca3352.jpg.c9272338bc6edb6874c3f3c3782d7f93.jpg

They had them in older kits from the 60's.  Not sure any of the kits from the 80"s had them. They were all square if I remember correctly anyway. 

28 minutes ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Something like this...

83ccdc67c2372ac55aff6c8c33ca3352.jpg.c9272338bc6edb6874c3f3c3782d7f93.jpg

No, never seen anything like that. I could swear I've seen an older style phone in some '60s car kit, though. '65 Riv? 

I may be wrong; and if so, feel free to correct me; but didn’t the Miami Vice Spider come with an 80s style car phone? I have two rotary car phones in mu parts box from amt ‘64 Merc and ‘65 Grand Prix kits, but I don’t think that’s what you’re after.

I thought that the 90's Chevy pickup came with one.

Later-

Nope. Came with a CB but the cord may work well for a scratch build.

Later-

IMG_20200124_135006956.jpg

IMG_20200124_135018983.jpg

1 hour ago, BeakDoc said:

I may be wrong; and if so, feel free to correct me; but didn’t the Miami Vice Spider come with an 80s style car phone? I have two rotary car phones in mu parts box from amt ‘64 Merc and ‘65 Grand Prix kits, but I don’t think that’s what you’re after.

I have the miami vice spider kit still sealed, but I don't think it's in there as the monogram kit is identical to the miami voce boxing.

In fact the monogram kit that's molded in red, has "miami vice" universal studios trademarks on the inside of the gas tank.

I'm thinking the '90s AMT Ford pickups had a phone. I've got two or three in the stash. So, I can check. Still, it's something that would be easy to scratch build. 

10 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I'm thinking the '90s AMT Ford pickups had a phone. I've got two or three in the stash. So, I can check. Still, it's something that would be easy to scratch build. 

Yea that's my plan If I can't find one...

Not exactly like that, but the Fujimi Figures & Interior Accessories 11040 has this.  To make the coiled cord is a cinch, no need to get a cast part for that!

IMG_1406.jpg

Looks like a couple of pieces of Evergreen.

31 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Not exactly like that, but the Fujimi Figures & Interior Accessories 11040 has this.  To make the coiled cord is a cinch, no need to get a cast part for that!

IMG_1406.jpg

That's exactly what I need...

I think I'm gonna buy that set... they have it for 21 bucks on amazon.

Edited by LL3 Model Worx

You could cut a section from the laptop keyboard in the Lindberg Crown Vic kit (I think)

4 hours ago, Plowboy said:

It does. Funny thing is, it's a "cell phone" on the Lightning instructions and a "CB radio" on the Flareside instructions. LOL

scan0027

16 hours ago, Can-Con said:

It does. Funny thing is, it's a "cell phone" on the Lightning instructions and a "CB radio" on the Flareside instructions. LOL

scan0027

That's the one I was thinking of. I knew I'd seen it before. I built the Lightning a few years ago and may have one somewhere. Finding it is the hard part.

Later-

4 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Of that type of phone, there are two from that period in US kits.  

DSCF2245.JPG.923aef914f0aa8dd307fb9a844918f8a.JPG

That one on the right was in some MPC/Ertl “annual” kits of current-year cars around 1987 or ‘88. Most of the kits with the phone had one of the little antennas that mounted on the outside of the car too.