Model Cars Magazine Forum

Have any model companies committed to a C8 Corvette?

There will be 1/24 diecasts available soon, if not already, in yellow and blue. I'm keeping my eyes open for a blue one. 

Yah, I know, that's not what you asked about, but sometimes you have to work with what you can get. And many of us have discovered that at least some diecasts are actually pretty cool! B)

On 1/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, iamsuperdan said:

i would almost guarantee that there will eventually be a kit. It'll be too popular a subject to ignore. 

Although, the number of Corvette kits seems to shrink from generation to generation. 

Without a doubt, since we have Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs - Corvette is practically a guarantee. 

I think the interest in the latest version will reverse the lackluster passion for the last 4 generations. Since this is the first Corvette since the Mako Shark era that doesn't look like it was designed by a committee. 

I just thought there would have been an announcement by now, as Revell has the license from GM for Corvette, or at least they did for the C7.

Maybe with all the changes at Revell the model is delayed.  But I would think Corvette would be one of their most popular sellers for modern American cars, and the mid-engine C8 has generated a lot of excitement. 

13 hours ago, tmathew1us said:

I just thought there would have been an announcement by now, as Revell has the license from GM for Corvette, or at least they did for the C7.

Maybe with all the changes at Revell the model is delayed.  But I would think Corvette would be one of their most popular sellers for modern American cars, and the mid-engine C8 has generated a lot of excitement. 

Maybe a note to Revell will answer your questions.

I believe this subject has come up before. Seems that someone commented that one of the 3D printer companies had a couple different versions available. One was full detail and very expensive. The other had no interior and was therefore less expensive. I have no idea how to find that thread,maybe someone else does.

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

I believe this subject has come up before. Seems that someone commented that one of the 3D printer companies had a couple different versions available. One was full detail and very expensive. The other had no interior and was therefore less expensive. I have no idea how to find that thread,maybe someone else does.

Here ya go Mr. Woodruff :)

What kind of dummy spends this kind of money on a vehicle, and doesn't get a set of wheel locks?

A full set of wheel locks from GM is $80 CDN. We add them to pretty much every GM product we buy here at work; and every other make for that matter, and guess what? Have had no wheel thefts since doing that.

Now if only there was an easy catalytic converter lock...

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

What kind of dummy spends this kind of money on a vehicle, and doesn't get a set of wheel locks?

A full set of wheel locks from GM is $80 CDN. We add them to pretty much every GM product we buy here at work; and every other make for that matter, and guess what? Have had no wheel thefts since doing that. 

I read that it was a GM employee, parked a test car overnight on the street.   Not a private owner, just a pre production test car...

Edited by Rob Hall

6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I read that it was a GM employee, parked a test car overnight on the street.   Not a private owner, just a pre production test car...

Lol.

GM needs to improve their hiring process for test drivers.

First two go for drinks then decide to race these things. Now one is parking the pre-production cars in unsecured areas.

Round 2 got the promo contract from GM on the last C7.  Revell screwed the pooch on that one from what I've read on here.   Hopefully, R2 will get the promo contract again and we'll see a C8 promo/model kit later this year.  If not, unless Revell is ready to surprise us with a huge bombshell C8 release in the next few months, I think it will be some time before we see any plastic kits of the mid engine Vette.  

Edited by the other Mike S.