Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Mustang Wagon

Reuhkapelti2

Thanks, I agree these OEM style wheels are much better. I don't know, why I was so stuck with them big wheels. They will fit better for something different later. 

I'm getting close to the body shell painting. I think white coat with blue stripes would be fine. The interior is already painted. Matte black on the floor and trunk area, semigloss black on seats and dash, with silver on the doors. Picture comes later, when I take the body off for painting. 

I had to rip the breathers off from the valve covers, otherwise the chassis doesn't fit to the body. They will be glued back, when everything else is done. 

IMG_20200202_164506.jpg

IMG_20200202_164444.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

I think either color would work on this. I like the Orange myself, but then colors in that spectrum seem attractive to me. The Blue stripes would have paid homage to the Shelby factions. A medium Green would work also. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Lotus Cortina of years ago. Not a well known car here but I'll bet some of our friends in England could provide information on that great car. 

Yea David, I was a little worried this Wagon could look like a Red Cross ambulance with those red stripes. Now it got more stripes, two narrow ones to give it more sporty looks. 

Also I cut the windows ready to put in place. The windshield is so and so, if the original glass can be used for this. The frame is slightly higher than before the roof got changed.

Lotus Cortina was/is really a cool car. I've seen an original one live some years ago in historic rally action. It moved and sounded awesome!

IMG_20200207_163438.jpg

Small progress here: I got the windows installed, did some moldings and put the lights in place. Also made a roof rack, as this is a family cruiser wagon with a big engine. 

I'm not sure, what to do with those air intakes in front of the rear tires. Shelby uses the scoops, but I should have painted them at the same time as the body shell to get the tone match. Maybe it can be still done or then I just leave them as they are now, like a fake air intake. 

IMG_20200212_155212.jpg