Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Desoto - Class of '57 - Graduate #11

Ramfins59

For the past few weeks I've sort of "been on a roll" finally finishing up several cars that gave me assembly issues.  When that happens, they go back in their box to await another day when I can overcome whatever the issues were and deal with it with a better patience level and attitude. 

This last one of that batch of cars is a 1957 Desoto.  It is a curbside resin kit from Modelhaus that I got back in 2018 before they closed for retirement.  It is painted 2 tone gold and black and it took 3 tries to get it right.  The first 2 times I had to strip the paint...?  It has what seemed like yards of BMF.  The mirrors, inside and out, are from my parts stash.  The little rear mounted fender antennas were scratchbuilt.

The interior was painted gold with BMF trim.  There is gold flocking on the seat inserts.  Black embossing powder was used for the carpet and the molded in floor mats were painted semi-gloss black.  The dashboard is semi-gloss black with BMF & Molotow chrome ink trim.  Note that since these interior pictures were taken, I moved the dash mounted rearview mirror to the seats side of the dash because it was hitting the windshield originally (thanks Steve..!!).

I am soooo glad that this car is finally done, so now I can go pick something "new" from my huge TO DO pile.

Thanks for looking, and any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated...   Stay well all...

HPIM5428.JPG

HPIM5429.JPG

HPIM5430.JPG

HPIM5432.JPG

HPIM5433.JPG

HPIM5406.JPG

HPIM5407.JPG

HPIM5408.JPG

HPIM5409.JPG

• Like 1

Beautiful looking De Soto. We had a neighbor that had a "57 with much the same color combination. Unfortunately they didn't keep it in the garage and the mid-west winters were having their way with the finish, a real shame.