Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri 2020

Matt Bacon

4 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

There are probably a dozen or so decal sheets for the M1 Procar from at least 3 different makers. Makes sense, let someone else deal with all the team & sponsor licensing (or lack thereof). 

Yes...one site listing says waterslide decals, so maybe it comes with a minimal set. 

Welp, speaking as someone nearly dragged under by the MFH Delta Integrale, I'm delighted about the Italeri kit.

If past is prologue, there will be full engine detail at least. If it's like the Fiat 500, there'll be opening doors, operational steering, and working suspension too.

Now MFH is also supposed to have a factory-stock 1/12 Ferrari 365 Daytona coupe on the way.  If Italeri would kindly beat that to market with an announcement of their own...

or nearly ANY 1/12 classic Ferrari really, assuming licensing isn't the issue.

It's ALL of it looking decidedly not bad, though.

13 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Licensing is the issue or Italeri would be walking around printing money reissuing the 250 SWB, 275 NART and whatnot. 

I think RoG was supposed to release the 250swb a few years back but for reasons unknown the deal fell through. As cool as the Delta is, I would have been all over a 1/12 Stratos or Miura. The big scale releases are very encouraging and it's great that Italeri is recognizing that adult modelers are willing to pay for big scale kits of unusual subject matter.

On 1/28/2020 at 11:51 AM, jaymcminn said:

I think RoG was supposed to release the 250swb a few years back but for reasons unknown the deal fell through. As cool as the Delta is, I would have been all over a 1/12 Stratos or Miura. The big scale releases are very encouraging and it's great that Italeri is recognizing that adult modelers are willing to pay for big scale kits of unusual subject matter.

MIURA!  Yes, Miura.. that'd be the ticket. ?

On 1/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, jaymcminn said:

If you feel like shelling out a couple hundred, Otaki/Doyusha made a 1/12 kit of the Stratos (the rally version) back in like the 70's. They aren't bad kits, but have some design quirks that are due to them being designed to be motorized.

15428E3B4FFA3ADF2135EA

On 1/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, jaymcminn said:

I think RoG was supposed to release the 250swb a few years back but for reasons unknown the deal fell through.

Revell (and in hindsight I blame Hobbico for it) announced that kit around the same time the licensing for Ferrari needed to be renegotiated, and in the end they decided it was too expensive and the 250SWB project went up I'm flames and took the rest of their Ferrari kits with it.

2 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Was gonna say, I've had my eye on one or two of those Doyusha kits. You'd still be paying a couple hundred for a new-tool Italeri, but perhaps a smidge less.

Yours, that one? Very nice!

Nope, not mine! Just a picture from Google! It is really nice though!

50 minutes ago, The Creative Explorer said:

It is frome a Japanese guy who goes by Pocherman. I've been trying to figure out who he is, but I am affraid he either passed away or just stopped, since he didn't post anything since 20xx.

That's right, I remember looking through his pictures of some other builds he's done since he did quite a few large scale kits.

23 hours ago, Ensis Ferrae said:

Wow, I really hope that W 196 kit has some good detail as I'm likely to snatch that up as soon as pre-orders are up

Pretty sure it's the old Protar mold. No. Find old Strombecker W196. Here's old thread.

I would have preferred Italieri invest in a renewal of its Ferrari license or created new kits, because most of these reissues are pretty crude kits, as most of them are from that era. Remember their Porsche 993 models?  They used a bunch of leftover parts from the 964, including the interior and suspension, which was wholly inaccurate for the 993.

Edited by BVC500

On 1/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Revell (and in hindsight I blame Hobbico for it) announced that kit around the same time the licensing for Ferrari needed to be renegotiated, and in the end they decided it was too expensive and the 250SWB project went up I'm flames and took the rest of their Ferrari kits with it.

Was the Revell supposed to be a new kit or a rebox of the Italeri?

11 hours ago, keyser said:

Pretty sure it's the old Protar mold. No. Find old Strombecker W196. Here's old thread.

I'm wondering how much of the Revell 300SLR one could use toward updating this kit...  engine, suspension, wheels, etc. It might be worth the effort.

Edited by jaymcminn
Double post text

• 8 months later...
On 1/25/2020 at 6:31 PM, afx said:

I bought this built-up of the MB 450 SLC rally.  It will be nice to be able to purchase a new kit, rather than re-build this one.

DSCN4994DSCN4997Image result for Esci Mercedes 500 SLC

Hi, afx I have three projects with this car as a base, a street version to be painted metalic orange (the only one I keep in my memory), the Bandama car, and the DAKKAR BOSS blue car, all waiting for proper/ CORRECT size wheels and tires...alhough  things are changing, now, as we can get from  USCP correct size wheels for the two first projects and proper BBSs and the peculiar optional rear sand tires from RENAISSANCE (now finely available) I only saw in this particular car BUT, is it possible no one ever noticed these also peculiar rear side little windows  (what are these 45 degrees aluminum blades intended for?), BEHIND A GLASS,  impossible to correct as there is not enough depth for it,  wrong in the original ESCI kit, but kept in the ITALARI remake kit? (what a long question!....) these little damned things seem to be very difficult to reproduce at least for me, and are present in all cars except in the left side of the BOSS car, where it was removed to allow refueling the beast...

Is there any magic modeller "with the guts" to make these missing parts???

450 SLC.png

34807_4.jpg

34807_7.jpg

553737-33-2-2.jpg

P1040768.JPG

P1040771.JPG

002.jpg

500SLC BOSS 001.jpg

699 (2).jpg

13292961.jpg