Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford mixer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Telescoping mirrors  ( aka - fly swatters ) and turn sigals added and some final interior details.  Little research with Ford literature, found a photo of the Western Concrete truck in color and sales brochure material, but too late for the color change, but will do the water tank behind cab. May do hooks on front bumper instead of a W. Looks like a Challenge ?

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0841 (1).JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

Thanks for the all the encouraging comments. The separate motor sounds like a great idea Brian!  Maybe a flathead Ford engine in a small dog house would look more appropriate than a modern hydraulic pump system.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Edited by leafsprings

On 9/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Casey429 said:

Are they included with the cab conversion or did you build them? 

Good question. They are not included, I built the  brackets. One small bracket is anchored into the door, and connected to the longer brace  via a steel pin ( the pin resembles a bolt on the real mirror brackets). The mirror head is off a die cast '53 Chevy Tow Truck made by Welly. I like to buy cheap diecasts for extra parts not available in plastic or resin.

IMG_0900.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

2 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Good question. They are not included, I built the  brackets. One small bracket is anchored into the door, and connected to the longer brace  via a steel pin ( the pin resembles a bolt on the real mirror brackets). The mirror head is off a die cast '53 Chevy Tow Truck made by Welly. I like to buy cheap diecasts for extra parts not available in plastic or resin.

Definitely, a plus to have so many die cast models available, today for cheap.... Wheels and tires are what I look for, mostly... Jada has to be tops for that purpose, for sure... ?