Model Cars Magazine Forum

I want to build this one.

30 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

An AMT '25 Ford can supply you with the body,frame, shortened bed with cover,interior and the custom interior. The windshield could be sourced from a Revell Roth Tweedie Pie. That should get you started down the rabbit hole.

Would that Monogram T be a better choice ? I know one was gold plated, and one was chrome parts ? It was 1/24 th I think ?

That can be built from the old MPC "Switchers" T-bucket. Looks like everything you need to build it just like that is in the kit already. 

Don't be fooled by the truly awful box art, it builds a pretty nice '70s "Fad T" style car, with lots of chrome and options in the kit. 

Image result for MPC "Switchers" T-bucket.

16 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

That can be built from the old MPC "Switchers" T-bucket. Looks like everything you need to build it just like that is in the kit already. 

Don't be fooled by the truly awful box art, it builds a pretty nice '70s "Fad T" style car, with lots of chrome and options in the kit. 

That was exactly my first thought when I saw the picture, too. The front spring mount needs to be moved up on the frame to lower the front end, but it does look very similar. 

Hmm, cool!

Here's what I'd do...

Body,grille shell and up-top: AMT '25 T

Windshield frame: Tweedy Pie or Roth's Outlaw

Front tires/wire wheels: Roth Outlaw

Back tires: A kit with large diameter M&H Racemaster slicks on Halibrand mags wheels. One of the Tom Daniels 1970s show rod kits might have the right ones.

Chevy 283: Tweedy pie, Revell Parts pack chevy, Revell '55 Chevy, about anything really!

Exhaust headers: Revell Rat Roaster?

Headlight stands: AMT '25 T

Front suspension: Roth Outlaw axle and 4-bar mixed with AMT '25T spring?

///////////

Or...the MPC'25 T "Switchers" kit would get you most of the way there.

Here's a mockup I made a few years back using some of the parts I just listed:

IMG_8472-vi.jpg

14 hours ago, Can-Con said:

The switchers kit dies not include an up-top. You would also have to replace those massively out of scale windshield support rods.

23 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

The switchers kit dies not include an up-top. You would also have to replace those massively out of scale windshield support rods.

Yes, it does. With a rear window in the shape of a stylized letter "T". 

As for the windshield supports, name a 1/25 T kit that they are in scale. ?

There's a LOT of stuff not shown on that box art, including that the exhaust, two different radiators and all the suspension is chrome.  

Here's a couple pics of what's actually in the box. 

IMG 2592

IMG 2591

• Like 1