Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now that Moebius has done both stock and altered wheelbase 65 Satellite cars what's next in the Mopar camp from Moebius.

GMP440

No idea what they have planned next, but a '63 Fury 2dr ht and Savoy 2dr sedan would be nice, maybe a '63 Dodge 2dr sedan... or '62 versions of those;  or a series of '61-71 style Dodge pickups. 

Over on the Ford side, a '61-63 F-series pickup, an early Econoline pickup and van would be cool also. 

28 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

No idea what they have planned next, but a '63 Fury 2dr ht and Savoy 2dr sedan would be nice, maybe a '63 Dodge 2dr sedan... or '62 versions of those;  or a series of '61-71 style Dodge pickups. 

Over on the Ford side, a '61-63 F-series pickup, an early Econoline pickup and van would be cool also. 

Yes............................Everything. :)  

Yes to any of the above.

However, I would like to cast my vote for any or several 1946-1959 Power Wagons. I may have put wayyyyyy to much thought into this, but I can see how Moebius could easily put out upwards of ten different versions off of 2 core molds plus a few auxiliary molds of extras that they could use for variations of other kits down the road. 
1. A late 40s civilian Power Wagon 251ci flathead. 2. Custom version of the same kit with a modern Cummins Turbo diesel. 3. Farm version of same kit. Add in a a tree of hand tools and maybe a pto driven plow or reaper or post driver. 4. Dept of Forestry version of same kit. Add a neat decal sheet, same tree of tools and maybe a water tank/spool of hose or a pto driven wood splitter. 5. Late 50s WM-300 with Red Cross decals or military livery. 6. Custom civilian version WM-300 with stock mill or modern turbo diesel. 7. Same late 50s model Power Wagon truck, civilian, stock.

Maybe it’s not as feasible as I think. Maybe I’m alone in wanting a kit of the grandfather of 4x4 trucks. I’d sure as hell throw my money at Moebius for every single one of rhem.

13 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Yes the 1961-1963 Ford Unibody pick up with the large rear window!!

And Vans of this era as well, a missing link in models also!!

12 hours ago, BeakDoc said:

Yes to any of the above.

However, I would like to cast my vote for any or several 1946-1959 Power Wagons. I may have put wayyyyyy to much thought into this, but I can see how Moebius could easily put out upwards of ten different versions off of 2 core molds plus a few auxiliary molds of extras that they could use for variations of other kits down the road. 
1. A late 40s civilian Power Wagon 251ci flathead. 2. Custom version of the same kit with a modern Cummins Turbo diesel. 3. Farm version of same kit. Add in a a tree of hand tools and maybe a pto driven plow or reaper or post driver. 4. Dept of Forestry version of same kit. Add a neat decal sheet, same tree of tools and maybe a water tank/spool of hose or a pto driven wood splitter. 5. Late 50s WM-300 with Red Cross decals or military livery. 6. Custom civilian version WM-300 with stock mill or modern turbo diesel. 7. Same late 50s model Power Wagon truck, civilian, stock.

Maybe it’s not as feasible as I think. Maybe I’m alone in wanting a kit of the grandfather of 4x4 trucks. I’d sure as hell throw my money at Moebius for every single one of rhem.

Friend of mine's family had an M-37, which is some variant of the above as well?  It was their farm truck and a variant of the Power Wagon ( I just googled them ).

3 minutes ago, stevez said:

weren't they bought by Pegasus?  Will they issue any kits at all?

Did they not just release an A/FX '65 Plymouth? Along with 4 versions of '65/'66 Ford F-Series over the past 6 months? Truck guys are gonna be highly annoyed you're canceling their new flatbed trailer...

8 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Did they not just release an A/FX '65 Plymouth? Along with 4 versions of '65/'66 Ford F-Series over the past 6 months? Truck guys are gonna be highly annoyed you're canceling their new flatbed trailer...

That's ok it they cancel the flat bed trailer really never like it anyways ......... would rather see a Container trailer instead . would like to see that Chevy II gasser !

Edited by Mr mopar

I'd like to see either the '60's Dodge pickups, or perhaps they can start on '63-'65 Mopar B Body station wagons. They could probably use the same tool for the wagon body but change the front end pieces, dashboards & wheel covers. I think all of these Mopar station wagons were more or less the same from the cowl back. They could do drag cars, street toys, & trailer puller variants.

Could you imagine a kit of a '65 Dodge Coronet Wagon, trailer, and '65 Dodge Coronet Super Stock all in one box??? 

12 hours ago, iBorg said:

What about the Chevy Nova?

What year Nova are you thinking? AMT had the hap hazard Nova SS and Revell offers the '69 that can easily be converted to anything up to the '73 model year. I would like to see the '75 or newer model Nova offered if it is done in the proper proportions unlike the AMT Hatchback that just isn't correct.  

9 minutes ago, espo said:

What year Nova are you thinking? AMT had the hap hazard Nova SS and Revell offers the '69 that can easily be converted to anything up to the '73 model year. I would like to see the '75 or newer model Nova offered if it is done in the proper proportions unlike the AMT Hatchback that just isn't correct.  

I think the reference was to the 64-65 Chevy IIs that Moebius showed a while back.  

Just now, Rob Hall said:

I think the reference was to the 64-65 Chevy IIs that Moebius showed a while back.  

I remember those now that you mention them. Did they ever get released ? The pictures that I saw looked like it would be a great kit in ether stock or gasser style. 

4 minutes ago, espo said:

I remember those now that you mention them. Did they ever get released ? The pictures that I saw looked like it would be a great kit in ether stock or gasser style. 

Those were 3D printed design ideas based on their preliminary CAD models. 

With the purchase of Moebius by Pegasus, they kinda got put on the back burner, but the new owner insists they are still coming.

I'm a fan of Power Wagons too. My first car was an M-43 Dodge Ambulance. That said, I don't see them ever happening.

Too Old, Too Complex to tool, and Too Little Sales Potential. They just do not excite enough buyers to be worth the investment.

I really the Station Wagon idea. Use what has already been tooled for the Belvedere, and Satellite and bring out some wagons.