Model Cars Magazine Forum

ParnellI Jones decals???

59 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

My own 30-second search turned up a set made by Fred Cady. Shown to be out-of-stock in several locations.

Maybe you can find an old set somewhere I didn't get to in 30 seconds.

Yes I found the same thing but out of stock. Didn’t know if someone else made them too.

Pattos Place in Australia makes a set for the car, but it doesn't have the "Vels Parnelli Jones" text. (FYI: The car didn't always run with that writing on it.)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

Stuff can sometimes be hard to find on the site. Click on "M", then scroll to the bottom of the listings to find it.

mstangtransam24.JPG

5 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Pattos Place in Australia makes a set for the car, but it doesn't have the "Vels Parnelli Jones" text. (FYI: The car didn't always run with that writing on it.)

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

Stuff can sometimes be hard to find on the site. Click on "M", then scroll to the bottom of the listings to find it.

Seeing as how that looks like a street car (BFG Radial T/A tires) I wonder about the big Parnelli lettering.  Pattos Place set looks very accurate.  Please note the side stripes were placed lower than on the street cars.

IMG_6689.PNG

IMG_6690.PNG

Edited by vamach1

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Seeing as how that looks like a street car (BFG Radial T/A tires) I wonder about the big Parnelli lettering.  Pattos Place set looks very accurate.  Please note the side stripes were placed lower than on the street cars.

Good point on the stripes being lower!!!! I didn’t catch that!!

Edited by 2zwudz

20 hours ago, vamach1 said:

I do agree, the car in the first photo looks like a street car, as the car has a passenger seat. However, the big VPJ lettering was run on the race car at Riverside in 1970.