Model Cars Magazine Forum

14th Annual 24 HRS of Daytona Build - Tamiya GTR (R34)

Jhedir6

This is my entry into the 14th Annual 24 HRS of Daytona Facebook Group build. This was my fifth year participating and my fourth year in a row completing the build within the 24hr window.

Kit is Tamiya's GT-R (R34) 2003 spec car done in a fantasy livery.

Paint is Gravity Colors Falken Green and Blue. As well as the new Tamiya LP's (white on the interior and wheels, flat black on the rest of the chassis and interior.

Clear is ProForm's Automotive 2K clear.

Decals are from NuNu's BMW M6 GT3 kit along with kit decals and a few extras from the parts box.

Kit went together like a dream. No issues at all. Decals worked well and again no issues with application.

Issues...I've had a cold for 3 weeks now, and of course in the middle of the night it hit me back hard and I lost about 6 hrs of build due to a Dristan induced coma.

I managed to finish with minutes to spare so there are a few details I would have like to have gotten better, hence the reason for the weathering to hide some of the flaws. 

Please excuse the weathering, it needs a good "blow off" as I put the weathering right before taking pics as I was pressed to finish on time.

The biggest issue was the difference in colour between the NuNu kit decals and the Gravity Blue. Had I been doing this as a normal build I would have use the scallop decal to make a mask and then masked off the green before spraying the blue. Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the results.

20200126_142234-vi.jpg

20200126_1422431-vi.jpg

20200126_142255-vi.jpg

20200126_142305-vi.jpg

Comments and criticisms always welcome.