Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Ford Mustang GT4

Bennyg

35 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Oh nice!  I’ve always liked these...I suppose it’s too much to ask for it to have engine detail too, but I’m sure it’ll be well done!

Looking at the photos, I hope a photo etch option is available. The grill looks like decals to me. No idea about the engine.

Ben

This is exciting!   Should be great for modern race parts, and is just a pretty race car.

I think the first pic may be of their RC model....  just looking at the wheel nuts, window tint/texture and warning label inside the wheel well. 

Regardless the kit is going to be a nice addition.

A nice kit.. Its odd that they went to a GT4 car. I'm sure there will be a lot off retro decals offered for this kit. It would be nice to see a old school trans am mustang done by them 69-70 . It will have great detail and will look right when done.  I jsut wish they would do the GT3 Acura or the Caddy Prototype.  Now that the Caddy will be able to run at Lemans with some minor changes.

To be honest, it looks like it wouldn't be crazy difficult to make it look more like a stock factory Mustang GT350. Lose the kit spoiler and scratchbuild a replacement, fill in the hood vents, add some stock looking seats, door panels, and modify the console and dash center. Regardless, I really want one! I've been itching for a full detail kit of the current gen Mustang and this will definitely work, despite not being stock, since it is Tamiya.

Well, another , didnt see this one coming, interesting they chose to do the race version,  but nonetheless, cool to see another new modern subject being done.

Its close enough to stock that one could make like a modified street version, more than likely that is the route I will take.

Edited by martinfan5