Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Ford Mustang GT4

Bennyg

12 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Beats the unholy snot out of what we've seen for the 550 so far.  STOKED. One alone will not do.

Tamiya-San, if I may direct your attention to another long-standing American marque that's just had the most consequential redesign in its storied history...

Oh, you mean the Mustang e-SUV... ?

Seems like Ford saw the value in the licensing deal they did with Tamiya for the GT and are happy to do more with it. I guess GM need to decide whether to follow suit, and then it’s a case of how long it takes to close the deal...

best,

M.

6 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

Oh, you mean the Mustang e-SUV... ?

Seems like Ford saw the value in the licensing deal they did with Tamiya for the GT and are happy to do more with it. I guess GM need to decide whether to follow suit, and then it’s a case of how long it takes to close the deal...

best,

M.

One can only...

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Weeeeeeeell it actually has the BOTTOM of the engine. There's no top half, and the hood is molded shut- the 3 big holes are for the hood vents which are solid pieces.

Once upon a time, Tamiya released an FD RX-7 with engine lowers and a shut hood, and then followed up with an open-hood version and something to top the lowers.  Then there was Tamiya's SN-95 Mustang convertible (otherwise best forgotten, thank Almighty God the GT4 looks so much better), initially closed-hood and lowers, then the R hardtop with opening hood and uppers.

Hope springs eternal... and as David Lee Roth says, that's not just the name of three strippers in Jersey.

YES ! YES! YES!   Can't wait to get my hands on this kit.  I  wonder if  Tamiya  marketing people  look at this forum ?  this kit has been on my (what kit do you want to see) list  about a dozen times.   now  lets see some cool decal sets and some aftermarket  photo etch parts!

18 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Looking at the photos, I hope a photo etch option is available. The grill looks like decals to me. No idea about the engine.

Ben

Looking at the photo of the built car it looks like they used the R/C car which would have decals for the grill.  The windows and the edge of the fender wells definitely look like an R/C body.  HiroBoy has photos the the sprue breakdown.  Definitely glad to see Tamiya doing an "merican" car for a change. 

22 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

Looking at the photo of the built car it looks like they used the R/C car which would have decals for the grill.  The windows and the edge of the fender wells definitely look like an R/C body.  HiroBoy has photos the the sprue breakdown.  Definitely glad to see Tamiya doing an "merican" car for a change. 

The large pic of the GT4 is the RC car that Hiroboy stuck up on their site. The smaller pics of the grey and white car together are the actual 1/24 kit. 

The engine looks to be just the bottom half and the tranny but I'm sure there will be a TK at some point of the top half....HD could easily do this as they just did it for the AMG and would not be surprised

to see them do that and a PE set.

I'd like to see a road version of this car, GT350/or R model. I have a diecast that has an interior and I'm going to try to see if it'll fit when this is finally released.

36 minutes ago, DiscoRover007 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a TS spray with this one. Tamiya has a lot of metallic blues but I could see them paint matching one specific to the mustang GT4.

Usually they display the paint with the model if they're doing a special color. If you find shots of the 1/12 934 Valliant reissue it has a can of that shade of green beside the built example.