Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 super bee

streetmachine11

this one was a mix of kits and parts. hit a few roadblocks during the build but overall it came out nice. cut up and set decals from different kits to make it look the part. texture coated the valve covers, added the "dip" color to the control arms little but of overspray and some light weathering on the drivetrain

20200130_072813.thumb.jpg.4c285cac16aa4ff390b949ffc262132a.jpg

20200130_072827.thumb.jpg.aa70336d4c3a5f24a2904632af3b73af.jpg

20200130_072834.thumb.jpg.ec0db03e1b552e7236000e703daef917.jpg

20200130_072911.thumb.jpg.81f852e1604ed087a548f2d9d64658b3.jpg

20200130_072848.thumb.jpg.213dd26a5d04c17c9d13949af0c21f7b.jpg

I really like your build. But I have noticed you missed a few things that will help finish it off .  First you have missed the marker lights need red and orange . Second you have missed the wiper from the engine bay. Thirdly the fender trims on the front valance needs to be added. Also you have added the A/C pump but you missed the A/C radiator and pipes which go in front of the engine radiator . Mr Mopar is correct about the door slots. But as you have finished the painting there is nothing that can be done to rectify this. I hope you dont get offended by the comments I have made. They are meant to help improve a really nice model into a great model.

1 hour ago, 72 Charger said:

I really like your build. But I have noticed you missed a few things that will help finish it off .  First you have missed the marker lights need red and orange . Second you have missed the wiper from the engine bay. Thirdly the fender trims on the front valance needs to be added. Also you have added the A/C pump but you missed the A/C radiator and pipes which go in front of the engine radiator . Mr Mopar is correct about the door slots. But as you have finished the painting there is nothing that can be done to rectify this. I hope you dont get offended by the comments I have made. They are meant to help improve a really nice model into a great model.

I noticed the markers but I overlooked the trim on the valance lol easy fixes. i did know about the wiper motor but dont have one for it. i looked in my other two kits and they are missing the wiper motor also so I'll have to figure out something for all of them.

the a/c hose doesnt fit with the air cleaner, distributor, rad and heater hoses all in that area. but now that I think about it, I may just make one to fit and parts of the original line. also would like to put a washer bottle on the fender.

it's a shame the bee didnt come with the door louvers they look good on these cars. I just used a car I found online for reference.

no offense taken at all. cant know everything everyone here is always helpful when it comes to the details!

18 hours ago, drodg said:

Very nice work.  I should build one......  

17 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Looks good!

16 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well done.

13 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Nice look !!??

12 hours ago, larman said:

Very nice! Great color!

12 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Very nice ‘Bee! Well done and a good color!

11 hours ago, charger74 said:

Very nice 

11 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I like it. Great job.

9 hours ago, RAMBENNA said:

beautiful build, nice color, looks great

thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...