Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Nürnberg toy show

Luc Janssens

Thanks!  Some interesting things in there.  ICM is doing a 1/24 Benz Patent-Motorwagen 1886 with Mrs. Benz & Sons!

Heller says it's finally getting the 1/24 Renault Estafette out.  Will believe it when I see it.  But Heller is also re-issuing the Citroen C4 Hotel Taxi and Mercedes 170 Lieferwagen (Panel Truck).  Those haven't been available for MANY years, especially the Citroen.  That looks like a good candidate to mate with a Monogram 1/24 Model A, for an American hotel taxi or depot hack.

Other scales have some intriguing things too.  ICM is doing 1/35 figure sets of "Chernobyl #3 Rubble Cleaners and "Chernobyl #4 Deactivators." Perfect for that post-apocalyptic diorama with a battered Land Rover or GAZ Tiger vehicle.

Aircraft fans should go bonkers over the Italeri 1/32 scale Lockheed F-104A/C.  They're also doing a 1/32 scale set of "NATO Pilots, Ground Crew & Accessories."

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

Think it's a reissue...

It's either completely new, or at least modified as the original kit from long ago was a Pony 2 (2nd Gen post 1982) and that is a 1st Gen Pony. It also doesn't seem to have the crazy tall greenhouse the first kit has...

Edited by niteowl7710

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

It's either completely new, or at least modified as the original kit from long ago was a Pony 2 (2nd Gen post 1982) and that is a 1st Gen Pony. It also doesn't seem to have the crazy tall greenhouse the first kit has...

...or the weird colored glass. The example shown above is, or looks like, a 3D print. The old Pony 2 was kind of a weird scale too, it seemed.  Looks like a new kit to me. But that doesn’t mean it is. 

4 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The "forgotten" Tamiya announcement from the show, because the GT4 blew people's minds (we can argue how truly surprising or not that Mustang is another time). 

received_2723544931046320.jpeg.2ff167847f68be2451ddd0711cc1aeac.jpeg

That there could get me to buy one of these, that car just looks freaking awesome to me!

I noticed a few in the list that definitely are going to be on my watch list for more information on like the Jeep CJ7 Golden Eagle and Renegade in Italeri's listings but with no release dates. 

As I was going through the pictures, I about had my eyes pop out of my head at the sight of the beautiful twin steer wrecker even though I'm not into European trucks I could have seen it donating the bed for an American rig! That is, until I noticed the sign behind it and seen the R/C on it! ??? 

7 hours ago, highway said:

I noticed a few in the list that definitely are going to be on my watch list for more information on like the Jeep CJ7 Golden Eagle...

Don't know if you've seen this recent thread, but it has some info on the Golden Eagle. It's the old ESCI kit. Italeri is re-issuing it along with the ex-ESCI Jeep CJ-7.  Curbside kits with no engine but good chassis and body details. 

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/148837-italeri-2020/

3 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Don't know if you've seen this recent thread, but it has some info on the Golden Eagle. It's the old ESCI kit. Italeri is re-issuing it along with the ex-ESCI Jeep CJ-7.  Curbside kits with no engine but good chassis and body details. 

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/148837-italeri-2020/

I had seen it when it was first posted Mike with the first couple posts focusing on the Mercs and the other rally type cars and that was as far as I read on the topic because those type of cars are not in my wheelhouse. I now see the thread has now diversified to better match its title rather than the what was in the opening two posts, thank you! 

Also, now that you helped give me more information on the CJs, you opened up a new can of worms as now I'm wondering about how true the box art is this time on the 40' container trailer! ? I know the one I bought years ago showed a standard tandem axle assembly on the box where the chassis in the kit has a spread axle assembly that is not commonly seen on container chassis trailers here in the US and I modified it to a US spec trailer, the AMT reissue shows the chassis as it actually is, and the one in Italeri's 2020 announcements is showing a tri-axle chassis. 

21 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ah yes....googled it and it's indeed a Pony 2, I guess the "spartan" look of the build threw me off. ;)

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

You take that if you want, but I'll give you this instead...

received_2721120611297521.jpeg.1d8f3322786e0d8657d9deb97a8c281b.jpeg

Thank you, sir!  I hadn't run across that photo yet. Glad it's a new tool and I hope it's followed by the convertible.  This may be the most exciting release this year, followed by the MX-5 RF, for me. At least styrene kits.  Can't wait for the Alpha Models Aston Martins and new Ferraris.  Aoshima also cryptically said on their FB page that they'll produce more exciting models in 2020. Hopefully that means new car kits and not variants of pre-existing ones.

Edited by BVC500

I magnified the E. Has early style tombstone seats. SU's look better, more rounded than the Heller one piece airbox/SU/manifold. Heller re-releasing the E FHC, so doesn't seem to be mod reissue. Wheels look more "Tamiya" depth than the Heller tire eaten rims. Wish hood down, nose is always hardest part. Good thread here on best E-type.

Can't wait. Roadster ok, but LTW and Sayer coupes would slay. Could base Eagle on it too. Just hope it's good and sells. 

Belkits showed i30 and some other stuff I think seen previously.

Belkits_02.jpg

Edited by keyser