Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Nürnberg toy show

Luc Janssens

15 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

They had a sign below saying prototype.  So that is my guess.

I'd expect a ton of sinkholes nevertheless. Look at the Ferrari California and the Porsche Panamera.  Oddly enough, the McLaren 570 and Mercedes AMG GT were pretty well-molded.

Edited by BVC500

32 minutes ago, BVC500 said:

I'd expect a ton of sinkholes nevertheless. Look at the Ferrari California and the Porsche Panamera.  Oddly enough, the McLaren 570 and Mercedes AMG GT were pretty well-molded.

You should see the sinkholes in the Schlingmann Unimog (30 year old version).  Some of them are like craters.  Spending a lot of time in cleaning that up

Not Car related but, glad to see the 1/72 Ju-52 and 1/35 GMC Deuce and a Half, from Heller. Those kits have been going for stupid money lately. This will knock the legs from under that market. And I'll get fresh decals. Some other nice Non-Auto stuff from Heller, as well.

Good Show.

P.S.  Any ideas for a good mail order vendor for purchasing Heller kits in the USA?

45 minutes ago, keyser said:

Aren't sinkholes from low injection pressures IIRC? Capillary effect fills some but ends up being divit since not quite enough plastic?

I don't know, but sinkholes are depressing. ?

Edited by BVC500

21 hours ago, alexis said:

Not Car related but, glad to see the 1/72 Ju-52 and 1/35 GMC Deuce and a Half, from Heller...P.S.  Any ideas for a good mail order vendor for purchasing Heller kits in the USA?

HobbyLinc and MegaHobby both carry some Heller kits.  I've ordered from both and never had any problems. Here are their Heller pages.

For many years, until Tamiya did its kit, the Heller GMC was the only kit of that truck with an engine.  I have an old Verlinden GMC 6-cylinder engine in a crate. I'm pretty sure they just copied the Heller engine and added the crate. Pic below.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?cat_s=&str_s=heller

https://www.megahobby.com/shop?search_query=heller#/filter:categories_hierarchy:Model$2520Cars

gmc_eng.jpg