Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Ford chopped 5-window coupe

traditional

This 1/25 model is made almost entirely of modified stuff in a variety of materials, rescued from my parts bin. The only new purchases for the model's completion were the PE grille and licence frame from Mode Car Garage, as well as the aluminum tubing used for a bunch of the mechanical parts, etc. I believe the wheels are from the Revell/Monogram Deuce roadster kit, and the tires are a complete mystery as to their origin. The simulated tuck-n-roll upholstery is formed from model railroad siding, and the tri-carb Oldsmobile J2 motor was modified and detailed from a Revell parts pack Cadillac motor. Suspension is individual-leaf transverse springs/chackles fabricated from aluminum sheet, and the radiator is fabricated from polished brass sheet and mesh.
Paint is automotive custom mixed basecoat/clearcoat.

1-P1300871-001.JPG

1-P1300873-001.JPG

1-P1300874-001.JPG

1-P1300882-001.JPG

1-P1300884-001.JPG

1-P1300885-001.JPG

1-P1300890-001.JPG

1-P1300880-001.JPG

Edited by traditional

Beautiful looking Coupe. You must have a very large group of spare parts to draw from. Besides the paint the detailing looks great. I enjoy seeing the little touches like your floor shifter and shift boot as these types of details really make a standout model.