Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24th scale gilligan's island diorama

michelle

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, youpey said:

never understood how the professor could build all these gizmos like a working radio from coconuts, but couldnt plug a 2 foot hole in the side of a boat. 

i dont even remember an episode of them trying

Clearly you do not understand sitcom tv.  It’s not supposed to be realistic. ?

On 10/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, youpey said:

never understood how the professor could build all these gizmos like a working radio from coconuts, but couldnt plug a 2 foot hole in the side of a boat. 

i dont even remember an episode of them trying

the 8th  episode of the first season  called  goodbye island   is all about the professor    trying to fix the boat    in the end the boat blew apart  board   by board     thanks to a glue  gilligan  made   that was temporarly   waterproof and permanant   and ther was 4  holes in the boat  in different sizes   2 on both sides  

I must say... This has to be the most creative and imaginative dio I've seen, yet... This is truly thinking outside the box, for sure... I really like this one... 

Back when The Skipper was in decent shape!!! ? Beautiful artistry... Be proud of this one... It's very good...

Very nice. you nailed the look perfectly,  I have the box set, and it looks great.  I liked where later they are all trying to talk into the fishes.

What I have read on the good ole internet, was that they shot the pilot episode the day Kennedy was assainated. take that what its worth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, kilrathy10 said:

I must say... This has to be the most creative and imaginative dio I've seen, yet... This is truly thinking outside the box, for sure... I really like this one... 

Back when The Skipper was in decent shape!!! ? Beautiful artistry... Be proud of this one... It's very good...

thank you 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:54 PM, dustym said:

Very nice. you nailed the look perfectly,  I have the box set, and it looks great.  I liked where later they are all trying to talk into the fishes.

What I have read on the good ole internet, was that they shot the pilot episode the day Kennedy was assainated. take that what its worth.

thank you  and that is true that is why the flag in the background as the minnow sails out of the yacht  club   in the season 1 opening  is at half mast  

On 10/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Great job!

But what happened to the rest of the castaways? I hope they're still not out in the water! ?

thank you  no they are somewere else doing other things    this is based on a a promo  pic   from season 1 only   gilligan skipper and the professor were in it