Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honey West Cobra 289

spencer1984

4 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Thanks, guys!  I've started in on the body: removing the mold lines, deepening the door seams, and roughing in the fender gills.

I got that one covered!

avengersl11.jpg.f4ca0f6d4a848a5813dc9592361b2eaa.jpg

Nice!  Now all you need is Emma Peel (and Honey West) scale figures. :D

17 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Thanks, guys!  I've started in on the body: removing the mold lines, deepening the door seams, and roughing in the fender gills.

honey-west-07.jpg.1a60b69b1b912acabd516ae873cd2c33.jpg

I got that one covered!

avengersl11.jpg.f4ca0f6d4a848a5813dc9592361b2eaa.jpg

Regardless or not about "proper this....proper that", its close enough for the memories of it!...BEAUTIFUL job.....Love that Elan as well!!!!

Thanks guys! That Elan was an old Gunze kit so it had the usual quirks but went together nice overall.

As for the Cobra, the gills are now in and setting. Tomorrow morning I'll give them a final light sanding and then wash the car in preparation for paint. How much I get done is going to be heavily dependent on what the weather does, since we're expecting a wintery mix starting tonight.

honey-west-08.jpg.20dc5ea1f80e8c02eb3677d40f177d92.jpg

On the home stretch now! The body has been painted, and other than a couple of dust specks to be polished out I'm pretty happy with it:

honey-west-09.jpg.b1ce2fce6b33d8e8173db0d61b5bb8e1.jpg

I also have the engine complete save for the battery and a few minor paint details...

honey-west-10.jpg.94f6eacb4421ce4a52862c2bd12f93e8.jpg

...and the dashboard is finished. The casting on the gauge faces was nice and sharp, so I decided to go with paint instead of decals. I did make a new steering column, though, since the one in the kit was more oblong than round. Next: steering wheel, pedals, levers, and seats (all painted and drying now). Then I'll need to scratch build the phone, since I don't think anything in my parts box is quite close enough to the look of the one in the show.

honey-west-11.jpg.04da2c1aee385a896c0f2284d7a45b85.jpg