Model Cars Magazine Forum

Site Can't Be Reached

BigTallDad

I can’t find a rhyme for or reason. It works then it don’t. Sometimes my phone will work and my laptop won’t. Sometimes my desktop will and my laptop won’t. Sometimes my laptop works and my phone doesn’t. Sometimes it kicks me out in the middle of a post. No clearing seems to work , only waiting. Tried Chrome, Firefox, and my phone runs Safari.

I’m just post this so the moderators will have an idea of how odd this seems to be.

Our hosting company ran into some Directory Name Service problems. It should be cleared up now, but you might have some locally stored information that isn't up to date yet. Clearing your browser cache, or rebooting the computer should clear the problem. 

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Our hosting company ran into some Directory Name Service problems. It should be cleared up now, but you might have some locally stored information that isn't up to date yet. Clearing your browser cache, or rebooting the computer should clear the problem. 

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

Nope, still happening.

Working so far on this old PC. Last night, I couldn't get the site to pull at all. This old PC is running Windows XP, version 2002. Never had a glitch on the android phone, or the newer PC, which is a Windows 10 unit.  All three running on the same home network. I run the android on wi-fi at the house. On the Cricket network away from home, MCM forum still runs fine. I wonder if Windows XP might be part of the problem?

EDIT: I see from the above post that Windows 10 shares the same problem.

Edited by Bucky

2 hours ago, Bucky said:

Working so far on this old PC. Last night, I couldn't get the site to pull at all. This old PC is running Windows XP, version 2002. Never had a glitch on the android phone, or the newer PC, which is a Windows 10 unit.  All three running on the same home network. I run the android on wi-fi at the house. On the Cricket network away from home, MCM forum still runs fine. I wonder if Windows XP might be part of the problem?

EDIT: I see from the above post that Windows 10 shares the same problem.

Mine's Windows 10 (I had the issue yesterday)

Same here, not just on one device either, been having this happen with the HP Laptop I bought 13 months ago using the Firefox browser (haven't tried the preinstalled Microsoft browser yet on this issue), my Galaxy S5 (almost 6 years old) using the Firefox Mobile app, as well as the brand new iPod I inherited from Mom (Dad just gave it to her for Christmas).