Model Cars Magazine Forum

What wagon is Round 2 alluding to? Which Station Wagon would you like to see a model kit of?

HL clearing something out doesn't always mean that the item in question is discontinued.  It only means that perhaps sales on it have topped out for them, leading them to stop carrying it and devote the shelf space to something else.  To my knowledge the '57 Ford wagon is still in the Revell catalog, and available elsewhere.

I myself will not speculate as to what wagon Round 2 will be issuing, I would like many of the Never made in styrene that have been posted on this,But I pretty well know that won't happen. People will get all up in arms about what wagon they issue , and will complain about this or that because it's an old tooling Ect.

12 minutes ago, ranma said:

I myself will not speculate as to what wagon Round 2 will be issuing, I would like many of the Never made in styrene that have been posted on this,But I pretty well know that won't happen. People will get all up in arms about what wagon they issue , and will complain about this or that because it's an old tooling Ect.

Or there's some miniscule flaw in the tooling. 

10 hours ago, paul alflen said:

Since the wheelbase is the same for the sedan and  wagon 119inches. I say they are making a 1967 Chevy impala wagon as an alternate to the Supernatural car!!

That would be nice. Back in '71, I knew a nearby family that owned a '67 Impala wagon with woodgrain, and a 396, automatic. That car was pretty swift!

7 hours ago, sfhess said:

20-regal-tourx-essence-ext-summit-white.

IF this was to be kitted, it would be more likely to be an Opel Insignia. I don't think that is likely either since PSA is very eager to flush everything they got from GM. I was really excited to get these in the US as well as the Regal and GS hatchback. Then I saw them in the flesh at the auto show and got some seat time. I don't understand GM's fascination with high beltlines and low rooflines. Not interested in driving a giant Camaro station wagon or hatchback,  thanks.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:53 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Better yet, how 'bout the Depot Hack with vintage Coca-Cola logos and bottles in it!

I know, it's not a wagon, but it would be cool anyway.

The Depot Hack was the original "station wagon."  Used to haul people and luggage to and from the train station.  Heller is re-issuing its French version of a later, European depot hack, the Citroen C4 Hotel Taxi.  We might be able to cross-kit that with a Monogram 1/24 scale '30 Ford, for an American version.

14 hours ago, Mike999 said:

The Depot Hack was the original "station wagon."  Used to haul people and luggage to and from the train station.  Heller is re-issuing its French version of a later, European depot hack, the Citroen C4 Hotel Taxi.  We might be able to cross-kit that with a Monogram 1/24 scale '30 Ford, for an American version.

No need to convert one, AMT made one years ago.

1302518440_AMTT142ExpWagon.jpeg.d4fe3d229515b87b69d319740bb33b7d.jpeg

Edited by Oldcarfan27

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 10:14 AM, larman said:

I don't think it will be another '65 Chevelle wagon, in the live event on Friday it seemed that it would be something not seen for a while or new. They made  a craftsman 1960 Chevy wagon , 1963 Chevy II/Nova Wagon, the '62 Buick Special Wagon, They also made a '64 Chevelle Wagon.  I would be happy to see any of these brought back. 

It would be nice to release two or three of these wagons as "Mom's grocery getters" with lots of extras ie: car seats, bags of groceries, soccer balls, little league stuff. even stains on the seat decals.

Did CocaCola use station wagons?

greg

10 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

No need to convert one, AMT made one years ago...

I know, should have been more specific. I meant convert the Heller Hotel Taxi into an American version, by replacing its Citroen body with the body from a Monogram '30 Ford.  Not sure if that will work.  The Heller kit looks great right out of the box anyway. Here's Anthony Hazelaar's gorgeous build-up of it:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/tonhazelaar/wwwhome/29-citroentaxi.html

One thing that will work on the Depot Hack (or Express Wagon): using the recently re-issued AMT '23 T roadster to hot-rod it.  The original Depot Hack instruction sheet told us exactly how to do that. See the bottom of the pic.

dep-haci.jpg

Tom Geiger said:

"This is gonna be fun watching people go crazy until Round 2 announces what they actually are gonna do! "

I agree.  It's funny to see people speculating on what might happen.  For all we know, Round 2 might come out and announce they are doing a 68 Coronet station wagon. 

3 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Tom Geiger said:

"This is gonna be fun watching people go crazy until Round 2 announces what they actually are gonna do! "

I agree.  It's funny to see people speculating on what might happen.  For all we know, Round 2 might come out and announce they are doing a 68 Coronet station wagon. 

Or just another reissue w/ Coca-Cola decals.  I'm not expecting anything actually new...

On 2/6/2020 at 7:09 PM, Tom Geiger said:

image.png.dacf9d5359221abc562bd10a726b0d9b.png

Hey!  I'll bet they still have the Cavalier tooling!   (Adam's photo)

image.png.ea2c912dd1c547a2635eb24b092a4ccc.png

Maybe we could get a Cavalier wagon?     ?

This is gonna be fun watching people go crazy until Round 2 announces what they actually are gonna do!   

It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out!! Hahaha

54 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Tom Geiger said:

A '68 Coronet wagon WITH Coca Cola decals!!