Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV "Star"cars that never were kited

1 hour ago, Pete J. said:

With a little effort you could create the lotus from "The prisoner" with the Tamiya super 7 kit.  You would need stone guards for the headlights and different wheels, but it would be doable.

KAR 120C prisoner car

I sort of did that one years ago but never had all the details right. It is a good kit.

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Dan I have the decals and Lil Red Express, so ranger detail Technologies make the bed ?

EVERYTHING, literally everything else you need!  The cab / chassis / engine / interior are the only components the Ranger kit does not have. It includes the compartment body, all the slamlocks, hand rails, trim, lights (including lightbar), extinguishers, running boards, mirrors, wheels, tires, and the proper decals, just EVERYTHING!

Plus an extensive and detailed instruction booklet. It's an amazing kit.

3 hours ago, Danno said:

EVERYTHING, literally everything else you need!  The cab / chassis / engine / interior are the only components the Ranger kit does not have. It includes the compartment body, all the slamlocks, hand rails, trim, lights (including lightbar), extinguishers, running boards, mirrors, wheels, tires, and the proper decals, just EVERYTHING!

Plus an extensive and detailed instruction booklet. It's an amazing kit.

Thank you sir..

10 hours ago, Danno said:

Squad 51 is available currently as a multi-media kit from Ranger Detail Technologies. All you need is red paint and a Dodge pickup kit such as the Lil Red Express.

Ranger’s Squad 51 kit is awesome!!! Highly recommended.

Cool! Thanks for the info

Great thread, I think my suggestions  have been mentioned already but I would like to see a 1974 Dodge Monaco for the Blues Brothers  " lady of blessed acceleration" and a 1969 Vista cruiser. There is a resin 77 Lemans coming out for  the "smokie" car. I would also like to see lots of others on this list such as the Hawaii 50 Merc ,  Adam 12 Satellite. 

Hmmm...the Blues Brothers car (technically a movie car, but I'm fine with that!) and the Vista Cruiser are getting some love...also, in the Station Wagons post across the hall, the Vista Cruiser is coming up A LOT. I'd definitely get one of those, not to mention a bunch of Bluesmobiles.  

I think many of us would be just fine with it if we got either or both of these as curbsides.

The Vista Cruiser could have another version offered as a Phantom "442" or "Hurst" wagon (different wheels/hood/ decals), too. There were Hurst wagons done up for some of the Indy races that Oldsmobile paced, but I think they would have been '70 or '72 cars.

A Blues Brothers Monaco kit would be nice, even as a curbside. Different parts for the later "Monaco Brougham" cars could be tooled up at the same time, as they used the same basic body. They could do a Hill Street Blues car, a Dukes car (if they ever decide to use that license again), plus various State Police versions, as these were a popular Police car from back then.

I'd love to see the Mark IV from Frank Cannon kitted.  I used to watch that show as a kid just to look at that beautiful car driving around in '70's era LA.  The Rockford Files was the same, but the Jim Rockford character, top notch story writing and car chase sequences made it one of my favorite shows at the time.  The '77-'78 Firebird he drove later in the series wouldn't be that difficiult to build from the recent R2 '77 Firebird T/A reissue. 

One thing I do wish was that he was able to drive the restyled '79 Firebird in the series. Since the series continued through 1979 and into early '80, he could have been given one to drive in the series.  The popular story was that he didn't like the update Pontiac did for '79 so he kept driving the '77-'78 style for the remainder of the series..  However, I don't know if that was actually true or not.  I have a hunch it was more of a decision made by the producers since the show was rapidly getting more and more expensive to shoot as the years went by.  Also, the editing between the early '74-'76 and '77-'78 Firebirds were already being clumsily edited back and forth to save in shooting new chase scenes.  Having the '79 Firebird in the mix would have made the situation even worse since those cars were again different in the front and rear.

Edited by the other Mike S.

23 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

AirTrax has a nice looking P1800S available in resin

I've had an AirTrax 1800, and while it isn't bad, a nice new styrene kit would be appreciated.

21 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

That legendary, unforgettable car from the Batman TV series:

1.jpg.21e56c77b03981f1af9944a3c8d0795a.jpg

'61-ish Humber Super Snipe - shows up in episode after episode for all three seasons tango_face_grin.png.158a0fd3094a00d6a704b86574701868.png

I still think the best appearance of a Super Snipe on film was at the end of A Hard Day's Night, where the car thief keeps having to hide every time the police run by while chasing the Beatles.

Hollywood Knights 1957 Chevy 210- supercharged , also called the project X car by Popular Hot Rodding magazine. Newbomb Turks brother's El Camino, the Pie wagon, the caterers Ford Econoline van, Jimmy shine car, ETC. Tony Nancy"s flower car caddy as a parts chaser shop truck.

2 hours ago, paul alflen said:

1972 Pontiac Ventura in "the  7 ups" movie with Roy Scheider( spelling?) Make it with a removable roof ! (Just kidding)

Movie car , but... 

That would be cool to see a hatchback version of a 1973 Ventura , complete with the post-trailer crash roof option . 

Now , let's not forget the 1973 Grandville as flogged by Bill Hickman ! 

Edited by 1972coronet