Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford ratrod with a twist

Jurva

Wow! I love the pattern on the inside of the doors, mind sharing how that was achieved? Love this entire build, what a cool car just in concept itself, let alone such a well produced model of it! Very nice job I'd say the 10 year span was worth the wait!

19 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

The front blower set-up looks similar to the alternate version in the re-issue of the Cosmic Charger kit from a couple of years ago, barring the intahe horns... But I guess it is a modified  Parts Pack refugee?

It's a parts bin creation. I made the pipes. Blower is obviously modified. Intakes are Allison V12 exhaust headers.

15 hours ago, gbtr6 said:

Really like the rust and patina detail. Did you use the salt trick? What method did you use if not that.

I used hairspray technique. It has 4 layers of paint. Rust, grey, green and blue. Every layer has hairspray between them. After that, some oil paints on top.

7 hours ago, carchub said:

Wow! I love the pattern on the inside of the doors, mind sharing how that was achieved?

That's a sticker believe or not. You could find them at craft stores probably. They are post card sized and have Kodak marking at the back.