Model Cars Magazine Forum

Delay of New model kits-Round2, Revell

39 minutes ago, slusher said:

With the sickness in China I am surprised shipments from China has not been halted until it gets better...

While not related to model car kits, a merchant in my town has cancelled a couple meetings with Chinese vendors, which has caused his inventory to be a little thin. That could very well happen to model kit vendors and manufacturers, as well.

The Coronavirus cannot survive weeks on a ship stuck to a hockey stick or a chin strap or in bubble wrap.

This is all ignorant fear mongering by those that never paid attention in science class.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/infections/how-long-do-bacteria-and-viruses-live-outside-the-body/ 

The issue with kit shipments may happen, but the rest is simply not going to happen. 

Edited by hpiguy

3 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Well the ships are run by what??? People.

You cannot catch a virus because some Chinese guy packed a trailer and stuck it on a boat.

IF (big if) you ordered an overnight package from China and a sick guy coughed phlegm inside the package, sealed it, and kept it near body temp for the entire trip and you opened it and licked it, maybe. And the risk of that is so low it's not even worth considering.

3 hours ago, hpiguy said:

The Coronavirus cannot survive weeks on a ship stuck to a hockey stick or a chin strap or in bubble wrap.

This is all ignorant fear mongering by those that never paid attention in science class.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/infections/how-long-do-bacteria-and-viruses-live-outside-the-body/ 

The issue with kit shipments may happen, but the rest is simply not going to happen. 

There is nothing with anyone being careful about a deadly illness. Your a rude guy. 

5 minutes ago, slusher said:

There is nothing with anyone being careful about a deadly illness. Your a rude guy. 

Facts and science do matter.

This is the third time you've gone out of your way to insult me just because you don't know something and you take people using facts and science as an insult to you personally.. 

Maybe it would be better if you just used the ignore button on my profile if facts and real science upset you that much. Ok?  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, slusher said:

He's not rude. He's trying to calm hysteria. 

Viruses DON'T work that way. EVER. I've been a pulmonary/critical care doc for 30yrs. Humans get it from each other, initial cases like SARS and MERS were animal to human.

There are tons of coronaviruses out there. Few are evil. This strain is evil, but it's people spreading it. It kills, but flu kills more each year. 

No shot yet, but rapid test developing, deployed in few places so far. 

Getting a flu shot (dead virus particles so you won't become sick from it) more important than this. 

I don't have immune system, and I fly to NIH is Bethesda and Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. I am concerned, but I still fly. You're not getting anything from a package/kit/guy who packed whatever.

Really, if you live in North America, you're more at risk from flu.  

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

If you really want to worry about something, maybe think about how many Amazon/UPS/Fedex employees, or for that matter anyone you've come in contact with, have decided that they didn't need to take off a sick day.

Edited by Richard Bartrop

33 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

This is the third time you've gone out of your way to insult me just because you don't know something and you take people using facts and science as an insult to you personally.. 

Maybe it would be better if you just used the ignore button on my profile if facts and real science upset you that much. Ok?  Thanks.

I have no problem with science. Your a rude guy and your really a jerk and you enjoy it. So this is as far I am going with it. 

37 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

For what it's worth, you are being rude to those of us that aren't doing a darn thing wrong. Maybe you should take a hike yourself.

31 minutes ago, keyser said:

He's not rude. He's trying to calm hysteria. 

Viruses DON'T work that way. EVER. I've been a pulmonary/critical care doc for 30yrs. Humans get it from each other, initial cases like SARS and MERS were animal to human.

There are tons of coronaviruses out there. Few are evil. This strain is evil, but it's people spreading it. It kills, but flu kills more each year. 

No shot yet, but rapid test developing, deployed in few places so far. 

Getting a flu shot (dead virus particles so you won't become sick from it) more important than this. 

I don't have immune system, and I fly to NIH is Bethesda and Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. I am concerned, but I still fly. You're not getting anything from a package/kit/guy who packed whatever.

So now you're a doctor. Let's see some credentials.

44 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

Exactly...the problem is a lot of people today are deeply ignorant, have no comprehension of science, and are resistant to facts...

41 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Which I believe was hpiguy's point.

No. His point is we are stupid for doing some things just to cover ourselves. Sorry but science and medicine is not the end of knowledge. Things happen all the time that confound both. That'd is no crime in using things like masks, Lysol or other things in the face of so called science.

39 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Exactly...the problem is a lot of people today are deeply ignorant, have no comprehension of science, and are resistant to facts...

Rob, we was also implying the people working over there. Nothing was wrong with science but he was being rude and a jerk.  I already have one unpleasant conversation with him. I have always been nice on this forum. Do I deserve to be talked down to...

I never called anyone stupid. 

Do you know the difference between ignorance and stupidity?  Being ignorant of a subject does not mean you are stupid.

People talk about facts and science and you instantly think they are implying you are stupid out of nowhere.... A really odd reaction.  

ig·no·rant

• lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.

stu·pid
    having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

• Xingu locked this topic