Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby room lighting

I've recently added this excellent light. It's very light, all LED. Bluetooth speakers. Hung mine with hanging plant brackets because 15" brackets are hard to find. About $75 dollars for the light and $10 more for the brackets. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lithonia-Lighting-SPSL-Linear-Shop-Light-Common-4-ft-Actual-2-8-in-42-in/1000703132

20200208_175301.jpg

20200209_101712.jpg

1 hour ago, Miatatom said:

I use the $19.99 LEDs from Harbor Freight. 

Recently got some similar lights (probably) from Wal-Mart.  They're four-foot long LED lights, about $20 each.  My workshop is in the basement, with a lot of those old 4-foot fluorescent fixtures.

There's a huge difference in the light put out by the LED's vs the old fluorescents.  

+1 on the Horror Fright/Wallaby Mart LED's.  I tried one on a whim, and now have 4 in my wood shop, 2 over the heavy bench in the garage, 2 over the junk  spare parts area in the garage, one over the lathe/mill in the basement, and 2 in the hobby room.  Thinking I may replace the motley assortment of leftovers in the laundry area with another one.

I like that for general lighting but I needed something different for my lathe.  My old gooseneck magnifying light when out after 20 or so years of faithful service.  I tried a lot of LEDs lights and really found most of them to harsh and they really created a problem with shadows.  I found this one on Amazon and was truly blow away by it for the price. Being just of 30" long really meant that it put out a lot of light.  It is also adjustable for brightness and color of light from a cold blue to a very warm yellow.  I would buy one again for close in work if I needed it.  Nice well made piece. https://www.amazon.com/PHIVE-Architect-Bright-Drafting-Brightness/dp/B07MHH9Q7B/ref=pd_bap_rp_25?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1XWTXNS5ZXS6Z5R9F72R