Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detroit Area Auto Modelers show and contest 3-29-2020

ZTony8

Coming March 29, 2020, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., is the Detroit Area Auto Modelers Motor City Madness contest and swap meet. This is a judged contest. Class trophies and specialty awards will be given. Admission to the show is $5 and there's NO additional charge to enter the contest. We'll have over 300 vendor tables for the swap area, slot car drags and a few real cars on display. We're the biggest show in the Midwest, come and see why.

Mr. Moderator, how do we get this event listed on the main forum page Upcoming Events box?

Edited by ZTony8

On 2/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, ZTony8 said:

Coming March 29, 2020, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., is the Detroit Area Auto Modelers Motor City Madness contest and swap meet. This is a judged contest. Class trophies and specialty awards will be given. Admission to the show is $5 and there's NO additional charge to enter the contest. We'll have over 300 vendor tables for the swap area, slot car drags and a few real cars on display. We're the biggest show in the Midwest, come and see why.

Mr. Moderator, how do we get this event listed on the main forum page Upcoming Events box?

Hopefully there will be pictures for those of use unable to attend. Always nice to see what other builders are doing. 

On 2/9/2020 at 3:46 PM, ZTony8 said:

I'm not a moderator, but I have created an event before... so I went ahead and created the event for you... its awaiting admin approval.

See ya there!  My favorite show of the year!

-e

• 4 weeks later...

The Chicken Little  syndrome has struck. Because of the Covid 19 scare, our show on 3-29-20 HAS BEEN CANCELLED by the college where the show is held. The Detroit Area Auto Modelers club is EXTREMELY disappointed about this but this wasn't our decision. We have no alternate venue available but plan to have our NNL and toy show this November at our usual location.

Edited by ZTony8

23 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

The Chicken Little  syndrome has struck. Because of the Covid 19 scare, our show on 3-29-20 HAS BEEN CANCELLED by the college where the show is held. The Detroit Area Auto Modelers club is EXTREMELY disappointed about this but this wasn't our decision. We have no alternate venue available but plan to have our NNL and toy show this November at our usual location.

That’s really too bad, but I understand it wasn’t under the club’s control. I’m disappointed, but not surprised. I specifically visited the forum tonight to check on this, assuming it would be a strong possibility it would be cancelled. I wasn’t able to make either show in 2019, so I was especially looking forward to it.

Thanks so much for always putting on a great show. It’s been a wonderful experience, and I’m looking forward to November.