Model Cars Magazine Forum

1983 Freightliner FLA

You just have a way of capturing that just right vintage look!! This thing looks Awesome right down to the windshield washer hoses going to the wiper arms. The weathering really makes it look real! The steps look spot on!! The widened cab and grill set it apart from the rest! Top notch work for sure!!

I love this build, beautiful. The weathering is perfect, light, not overdone. It looks like a used, but not destroyed truck. Just like you would see still running up and down the road owned by a farmer or other private party.

Great job on this, very inspiring. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 2:25 PM, KJ790 said:

It has been a while since I have been able to work on this, but I have made some progress. The cab is nearing completion. Paint is complete along with some weathering. I have the wheels complete and weathered as well.

2v2HVQNpMxAC2cR.jpg

2v2HVQNQNxAC2cR.jpg

2v2HVQN18xAC2cR.jpg

Did you make the grab handles on the front of the truck or did you buy them? I'm trying to find some for my build. Also, where did you get the grill or did you make it?

On 4/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, DW Murry said:

Did you make the grab handles on the front of the truck or did you buy them? I'm trying to find some for my build. Also, where did you get the grill or did you make it?

I made the grab handles and the grille.

• 2 weeks later...