Model Cars Magazine Forum
Steamboat

77 Dodge crew cab "Just Needs Paint"

I really like this build! First of all, I like the subject matter. We built a few jacked up trucks back in the day including a 78 Dodge. The weathering is perfect! This looks like the real thing! The Cummins swap looks great! Excellent work!!!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and suggestions.  It was a fun project and I learned a lot. 

And another one is off the Shelf of Doom!

FANTASTIC build Bill!  I do love these old Dodge pickup truck.  The weathering job is perfect along with all the body modifications (my kind of build...)!  I really appreciate the fact that you had put this Cummins mill under the hood instead of a gasoline engine.  Superb job all around... the time invested worth it!   Well done sir!!!

This truck looks so real, I expect it to be leaking oil.

Only one thing bothers me - no backup lights. They look like brand new, all red, custom lenses.

Maybe they were pulled from a JC Whitney catalog. 

On 4/24/2020 at 11:14 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

This truck looks so real, I expect it to be leaking oil.

Only one thing bothers me - no backup lights. They look like brand new, all red, custom lenses.

Maybe they were pulled from a JC Whitney catalog. 

LOL!  I completely forgot about back-up lights!

The tail light lenses weren't salvageable from the built-up that I started with. They were covered in glue. So I had to make them from some sections of the light bar from the Rescue 911 kit. The curvature was just right, but I forgot the white section.  Good call!