Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Willys Coupe/Pickup 3 Versions

Over the years I have accumulated three complete kits of the AMT Willys/Pickup kit.  I have also picked up a few extraneous parts from other sources.  So far this is what I have built.  I have enough parts to build three more complete versions, they are in the never ending rotation of waiting to be built.

Li'l Nasty is a D/G pick-up with an injected SBC, homemade headers and nail polish paint.  The modified coupe is a leftover coupe body from someplace, on a 41 Chevy truck frame with a '53 Chevy six engine and homebuilt exhaust.  The rat-rod is a pickip body on a scratchbuilt frame, two-deuce flathead, wheels/tires from AMT 28 Lincoln, scratchbuilt bed and headers (yes, I realize the headers block the door from opening - oops)

My vision for the remaining three are a Gas coupe, street hot rod version pickup, and a custom coupe similar to one I saw in a magazine many years ago.  Hope you enjoy these.

Li'l Nasty 081.jpg

Modified Coupe 042.jpg

Rat Rod 029.jpg

Moved to wrong forum IMHO. Two race cars and a street rod. These are CLEARLY of primarily model car interest, not model truck. What a shame that many who would enjoy them in the right place will never see them down here. :(

Great models, BTW, Rick. B)

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Moved to wrong forum IMHO. Two race cars and a street rod. These are CLEARLY of primarily model car interest, not model truck. What a shame that many who would enjoy them in the right place will never see them down here. :(

Great models, BTW, Rick. B)

After considering the move I can understand it, after all two of them are based on pickups.  That being said, I really appreciate the positive comments.

40 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

After considering the move I can understand it, after all two of them are based on pickups.  That being said, I really appreciate the positive comments.

But your first one will never "pickup" anything but its front wheels, and will never haul anything but ass. Race car. And of more interest in the Car section than it will get down here, sadly. :(