Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Allison Blue & Gold Charger 500

gks1964

11 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Here is a picture of Rossi’s blue Roadrunner. If you compare the floor to the K member and suspension pieces I would say I’m 99% sure the chassis is body color interior would be the same aside from the dash being black

You are most likely correct. That makes a lot of sense. From what I can tell Bobby used a Tan colored seat in his Chargers?  Does anyone have any good photo's, drawings or anything else of the dry sump oil system ran in the '69 Mopar racers. I think this car ran that system. Need a pic of the oil pan.

Thanks,

Gerald 

Got a little chassis work done. I'm using the AMT 1969 Plymouth GTX kit for the chassis. Removed the gas tank and filled  the gas tank opening and chassis holes. Added a piece of Aluminum tube as the base for the shifter and rebuilt the front frame and motor mounts. Started opening up the firewall for the battery and oil tank.

Please give me any opinion that will correct anything else you see wrong.

Gerald

DSCN0008 (2).JPG

DSCN0003 (2).JPG

DSCN0006.JPG

DSCN0007 (2).JPG

DSCN0002 (2).JPG

14 hours ago, gks1964 said:

Got a little chassis work done. I'm using the AMT 1969 Plymouth GTX kit for the chassis. Removed the gas tank and filled  the gas tank opening and chassis holes. Added a piece of Aluminum tube as the base for the shifter and rebuilt the front frame and motor mounts. Started opening up the firewall for the battery and oil tank.

Please give me any opinion that will correct anything else you see wrong.

Gerald

DSCN0008 (2).JPG

DSCN0003 (2).JPG

DSCN0006.JPG

DSCN0007 (2).JPG

DSCN0002 (2).JPG

My biggest piece of advise I can give you is this. Get the engine assembled including fan and belts and make sure it fits in there. I screwed one up by not doing that.

On 2/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, gks1964 said:

You are most likely correct. That makes a lot of sense. From what I can tell Bobby used a Tan colored seat in his Chargers?  Does anyone have any good photo's, drawings or anything else of the dry sump oil system ran in the '69 Mopar racers. I think this car ran that system. Need a pic of the oil pan.

Thanks,

Gerald 

orbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/magnesium-426-hemi-oil-pan-

Gerald, I think this is fairly representative of the ChryCo dry sump pan used initially in Nascar

13 hours ago, john843 said:

orbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/magnesium-426-hemi-oil-pan-

Gerald, I think this is fairly representative of the ChryCo dry sump pan used initially in Nascar

Thanks for the link!! Here's what I found if anyone else is interested! 

Nascar oil pan 001.JPG

Nascar oil pan 002.JPG

Nascar oil pan 003.JPG

Nascar oil pan 004.JPG