Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Allison Blue & Gold Charger 500

gks1964

2 hours ago, john843 said:

Gerald,  I'm not sure what color the containment box on the  #22 was but since it was a welded in, integral part of the rear chassis as opposed to a separate unit I'd GUESS chassis color.

John

Thanks John, That makes a lot of sense. I didn't think about that way!

Gerald

2 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

That Talladega roll cage fits like it was made for a B Body Mopar doesn’t it?

Fits perfect, picked up 2 more for future builds. As old and slow as I am that could next year!! LOL

Gerald

39 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

That Talladega roll cage fits like it was made for a B Body Mopar doesn’t it?

I agree. I've sent more than a few Allison and Pearson PL kits to Parts Box status minus their cage and often their HM wheels.

Am currently fitting a PL Mercury cage into what will be a '71 Hamilton #6 Roadrunner.  I had to add a small section to the forward crossbar to be able to stand the sides out to better fit the somewhat larger body. But Tim is right, all I usually have to do when putting one in a '68-'70 B body is adjust the overall height of the cage and occasionally redo the short run down the A-pillar to snug it up better.

Am also loving this WIP.  The Charger 500 is my all-time  favorite stock car in general (followed closely by the 2 wings) and this particular livery along with it's red counterparts are at the very top of my list too. I am convinced, based on what's been posted so far that Gerald will do this one justice and then some!

Looking forward to seeing more.

John

2 hours ago, Force said:

Yes they are too large, a friend of mine have a real "Bathtub" intake manifold and I think they are 1/2 inch bolt heads/nuts.
The oil pan looks good tho'

I agree the oil pan looks pretty good. The intake bolts are to big and should not sit on an angle they should look as if they when straight down into their holes

3 hours ago, gks1964 said:

I think this is much better?  Pic sucks, I'll try another tomorrow!

Gerald

DSCN0050 (2).JPG

But for the bolt heads, I thought the first one looked fine but yes it does look great with the in-scale hardware. With some paint on it and a little burnishing around the edges it'll probably be hard to tell it from a real one in a photo. Your's and Tim's WIPs are waaay better than watching the news:)

John

6 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

So is that the one pictured with mods. Or is the photo a scratchbuilt one

All scratchbuilt styrene plastic and PRO-TECH .5mm bolt heads. The BNL one  is not the right shape, it also has square carb opening and seems a little small to me?