Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Allison Blue & Gold Charger 500

gks1964

Actually got something accomplished today in between casting parts. I fitted the oil pan 2.0 to the block and front cover to make sure all fits The bottom of the block needed flattened out for the surfaces to mate properly. Also removed the oil pump and oil filter, will be replaced by new parts.

DSCN0033 (2).JPG

Edited by gks1964
addition

I usually make them myself, take a very thin wire and coil it tightly around a piece of a thicker wire, stretch it out a bit and make a loop at a right angle at both ends and you are done, takes about 5 minutes to do.

Here is one I did.

DSC06067.JPG.6d559c67d447463c8433a144878d4a2d.JPG

Edited by Force

Got a little done. Added the engine mounts, air box frame to the firewall,  made the cover fir the shifter platform. Also added the seat frame, rear firewall and fire bottle brackets.

I've been try to build some upper control arms, with mixed results!

Gerald 

DSCN0005 (2).JPG

DSCN0006 (2).JPG

DSCN0004 (2).JPG

One last test fit of the engine! Tim's advice about checking the fan clearance of the front frame member is real tight. Take his advice and check, recheck and double check! He also advised to leave the front engine cage bar off until the engine is installed, that is spot on. Thanks Tim great advice.

Gerald 

DSCN0009 (2).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like your carburetor is based on the Revell/Monogram carburetor from the Pro Stock kits and I must say that I don't like them that much.
I have been around Holley Dominators plenty and they doesn't really look like the Revell/Monogram carbs wich I think are quite crude, there are much better ones around.
But...this one will be under an air box so it might not be that visible.

Edited by Force