Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Allison Blue & Gold Charger 500

gks1964

• 2 weeks later...

Started over with the Nichels chassis. This time I spaced the 1/8" square tubing with a 3/4" gap to drop the engine into, this gives the oil filter and pump more clearance on the drivers side and the fuel pump more room on the other. I added 4 pieces of .020 plastic sheet 1/8"x3/16" to serve as motor mounts. This places the engine level and reduces the 3/4" gap enough to mount the engine. Also placed the front cross member 3/64" more forward to clear the fan. Still a long way to go!!

Gerald  

DSCN0106 (2).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

If you look closely and compare the pictures the wheel opening has been moved upwards some on the real car and that was appearently quite common back in the day as I have seen it on more cars from that era.
It's a little late to do on your model now tho'.

I'll post some better pix when I'm finished! The wheel wells have been opened up and flared, the pic is bad and the angle it was taken at makes it look strange. Good eye, these cars were massaged to death back then.

Gerald, all of your hard work paid off. The Allison Charger 500 came out great. I really like it. I keep starting Charger 500 builds and stop at some point when I can't seem to find the patience to do them right. You stuck with yours and it shows in the final pics, great job!!

• 1 month later...