Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update for Gregg, 9th & 10th Final Sugeries

Here's a quick update above from what I have posted on Facebook:

The next two surgeries will be done on two days (for example, a Thursday and a Friday). First surgery will be through the front. A thoracic surgeon will assist with the procedure along with a vascular surgeon. They will have to break two ribs to get to the  thoracic area (T12-T10). They will remove the disc(s), and either fuse or attach hardware to the vertebrae. 

The next day, the posterior lumbar surgery will include removing the existing rods, from L1-L5, and extending it up to and including T-10.
My other doc will decide whether or not to remove the Spinal Stimulator that was implanted in February 2019. 

I will probably be completely down for a month or so, and then slowly get back up to "normal."

We are looking at probably at least a couple of months. We are going to have to get some full-time nurses here to take over what I do during the day (Adult DayCare Provider for wife's two parents), and for myself for a short time. Plus, get the insurance companies to finally agree on coughing up some of that gabillion dollars they don't want to pay out.

I'm finishing up Slot Cars #8, thanks to my new bestie friend who is really helping out with my terrible layouts, and Model Cars #207 is being nit-picked. I need to get replacement or new writers for all the columns that have lost their writers. As you may know, Wayne Moyer was with me from Day 1, and even before. We need to look at either getting someone to help with that part of the mag, Collector's/Diecast, or adapting it, which is happening for this issue right now.

Also need to get my arse in gear and get the working editorial calendar in place, so everyone knows what is what, when is when, etc.

Why I am getting so worked up now for the rest of the issues coming up? With this surgery, it will be the end. Either the end of all my troubles dealing with not being able to sit up and work, or quite literally, THE END. A lot of friends have given me their behind the scenes look at what they had during the same types of surgeries, so although I'm scared kaka-less, I know that I'll be in good hands, and it's going to work out fine. If not, anyone want to buy a magazine from my widow? JUST KIDDING. Geeez, I still have a cents of huemore, don't sew me... YES, TYPOS.... MISTEAKS..... It's the way I cope, and I'm sticking to that story...

So, one, or two, more scalpels, and that's it, nothing to hold me back, no more insurance worries, just everything settled, and time to get caught up, take care of all the past that needs to be paid and caught up, and save for the future. If this sounds vague, sorry, but hopefully it makes some cents (hint in that last word).