Model Cars Magazine Forum

More on the ford GT. The door is now complete. I added a few rivits to the interior door panel. And one wheel ,spindle, brake rotor and caliper finished. Painted the caliper gold . Adding just a little bit. 

A109F6E9-0126-45B3-BBF0-D4E4F4BC9E0F.jpeg

D0C0F8A0-F6B9-4D9E-9CD4-B8ECF54CDC31.jpeg

BADD3FE2-9269-412C-9EB7-EB755A98E3CF.jpeg

E10252C7-51AE-49C5-A5CB-0689E41C2C2C.jpeg

132723AB-DC19-4561-85C3-E08438D0F46C.jpeg

02C6B70B-C701-4302-8282-559F555BFBA1.jpeg

4A239456-157A-4D34-B1F4-49BD6F7DC93D.jpeg

Yes sir gtx6970. It is 1/8. I guess you can do a lot of detail but I’m not getting carried away. In my model room, the first thing people go for is my 1/12 mfh Ferrari P4. I love 1/25 the best. But these big scale are really cool. Really draws attention in a room. I’m really going to have make room for this big guy. Just completed the left door. Now waiting for the next pack to arrive. 

8AE87E78-E369-4D9A-A8C2-9FD647494E16.jpeg

• 1 month later...

A little more finished . The firewall and seatbelts assembled. Painted the firewall “ automotive trim black”. Painted the rivets.  Sanded some seam lines and repainted the parts.waiting for the next package. 

99EAB29E-E56E-4F0B-BDC8-009BB8F972A4.jpeg

3457A7D2-08DE-4D68-B0BF-7310DEE3E5BE.jpeg

• 2 months later...

OK Bruce...........I couldn't stand it any longer and I just went and ordered one of these on a subscription! :D

This IS one of my favorite road racers out of the '60's and it'll go well with the Shelby as I'll have that one done long before this one is finished. Just to have somewhere to display these, I just bought off Amazon the other day a couple short three level bookcases which are definitely large enough (and sturdy) to put these on once done.

So, that makes THREE of these beasts I'll have going on pretty much at the same time. The Shelby, this GT40, and the '55 Mercedes 300SL which I'm FINALLY getting parts again from Eaglemoss starting this week.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Thank you Chris, Thank you Mr Obsessive. I found this on the front door step this morning. 

7037A06F-8F4E-4A83-8225-5F881D7BF915.jpeg

2DE92DF0-2828-4C45-B426-0BD363858049.jpeg

92866439-A524-46D3-86B8-E722357F625E.jpeg

Does it have those funny sized screws on the bottom?  Looks like the same as one I bought off Ebay this spring but a different brand.

Thank you very much FunkyChicken, the surgery went very good. Recovery was 6 weeks. Back to kind of normal. The hospital at that time was empty. But now there is a big tent in the parking lots for covid patients. If there was a good side to it , was the timing. I did not take this stuff seriously. I was mistaken. As we get older we get more stubborn. Listen to the doctors. If I did not get the surgery done, I would be gone in a year. So , enjoy modeling and live it to the fullest. Thank you sir for the kind words. 

Hey! I got one of those coming in my next shipment shortly! :D

I have yet to even get started on it. Like the Mustang however, I can see where some rubbing out of the paint will be needed. Speaking of that, I finished up the Mustang this week, but DeAgostini didn't see fit to give you batteries for all the electrics.

NO ONE around here has the batteries I need, so I had to go on the 'Bay to get the correct ones. Once they come in and things light up like they should, I can take photos in a good spot and I'll post 'em here.

Edited by MrObsessive

I want to add Bruce that your getting parts packaged differently than I'm getting. Mine are coming in a blister pack, not in the plastic like they did yours. Also, I have to go to the printer shop to print out their instructions. I'm not crazy about looking at everything over my phone with as much difficulty I have with eyesight. I downloaded their PDF file, sent the file to our local Staples, then printed it out and have all the pages in a binder.

MUCH easier for me in 3D and the print is MUCH bigger where I can see it. ?

• 1 month later...

Interior, work in progress. The seat belts are wrong for the era. They were black. The Sabelt are a vintage race car safety item update. I put them in my GT350 to vintage race the car. It’s ok and they look great but vintage updates should match. Like Avon tires etc. I was going to make them black but the red pops. Gives a little color to the interior. 

B96F5B92-3D99-4CE6-B3F2-716A7DFEA31D.jpeg

AC25E355-4ECA-4F47-ACA9-2144BAF9223A.jpeg

1284F331-E4AB-4B0F-81AF-6938378FD988.jpeg

On 1/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, MrObsessive said:

I want to add Bruce that your getting parts packaged differently than I'm getting. Mine are coming in a blister pack, not in the plastic like they did yours. Also, I have to go to the printer shop to print out their instructions. I'm not crazy about looking at everything over my phone with as much difficulty I have with eyesight. I downloaded their PDF file, sent the file to our local Staples, then printed it out and have all the pages in a binder.

MUCH easier for me in 3D and the print is MUCH bigger where I can see it. ?

Hello Bill, yeah the instructions are a little tough sometimes. Especially if hour phone is down on power. I have some news. Mark has called Paul at Thunder Valley and detail parts are comming for the DeAgostini ford GT. I am building mine pretty stock for the company build but I will be taking it apart and change the paint scheme to another ford GT team. Mark has decals for another team comming. We are going to talk about which team and paint scheme I am going to do. This rebuild will be with the thunder valley detail set. It’s not going to be cheap, I heard about the price of the model. It will have new wheels, brakes and rotors. Real knock offs , and a bunch of other stuff. Probably a lot of things for the engine. I’ll let you know as I find out. 

On 2/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, Brudda said:

Hello Bill, yeah the instructions are a little tough sometimes. Especially if hour phone is down on power. I have some news. Mark has called Paul at Thunder Valley and detail parts are comming for the DeAgostini ford GT. I am building mine pretty stock for the company build but I will be taking it apart and change the paint scheme to another ford GT team. Mark has decals for another team comming. We are going to talk about which team and paint scheme I am going to do. This rebuild will be with the thunder valley detail set. It’s not going to be cheap, I heard about the price of the model. It will have new wheels, brakes and rotors. Real knock offs , and a bunch of other stuff. Probably a lot of things for the engine. I’ll let you know as I find out. 

Thanks much for the heads up Bruce! Particularly engine/engine bay items I'd be interested in. Do you know if there will be separate bits and pieces for that and not just the whole set? I may call or drop Paul a line and ask him about that. Yeah, the price is kinda steep, but this will be another one of those "If you can get it, BUY it" deals. ;)

We all know how when something ends up discontinued, it very quickly ends up becoming unobtainium for those that wanted it.

BTW, I found out via a newsletter that Agora is coming out with their '61 Jag E-Type convertible in September. BUT.............I did break down and get that 1/8 Shelby COBRA! Got the first four packs just a couple days ago. :D

A thread coming up on that one in the not too distant future!