Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle California Wheels Box Art

ssroczyn

I found this 67 Chevelle at a Garage Sale.  It was painted metallic purple from a spray can and the engine was painted some kind of florescent orange.

Luckily what was put together I was able to take apart and clean the paint off.  Thank you Easy Off oven cleaner!

My Likes about this build is I love the paint, and decals.  I think everything went together in that respect.

My Wishes about this build is that I wish I could have done the front grill better.  I tried a few things but I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted.

Enjoy and all comments are most welcome!

image.png.52f1921d6f05b96c691d13e2e62f675b.png

Hi Mark, that paint is Model Masters Black Metallic over Testor's Gloss Black.  I got very comfortable over the years using Testors Paints.

If you're going to buy some, better do it quick as I think most of or maybe all of the Model Master enamels are going away.  I hope not though!

50 minutes ago, ssroczyn said:

Hi Mark, that paint is Model Masters Black Metallic over Testor's Gloss Black.  I got very comfortable over the years using Testors Paints.

If you're going to buy some, better do it quick as I think most of or maybe all of the Model Master enamels are going away.  I hope not though!

I think the way the light catches the Metallic in the Black it gives it a flatter finished look. I'm looking at your grill that you mentioned. The Grills appearance might be improved with a little black wash to represent the openings in the grill work, but beyond that the way you saved this is great and I like the way you finished it as a box art. Very cleanly built.