Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Chevy Luv Coming soon

disconovaman

I got mine... pretty dang disappointed would be the only words that I can post on here. I was soooooo looking forward to this. Then I opened and found...

IMG_20200422_162721181.jpg.d8a6cc7720d76800f4b62fd26c3f0e92.jpg

IMG_20200422_162853920.jpg.2a98a83904a87ef55aa7ee2760459ae6.jpg

IMG_20200422_162918703.jpg.c80e69ebb06eb2cc05e85b08547daa50.jpg

As you can see, the bags are still sealed... there's no way that made it to packaging without being noticed.

Both cabs in pieces. I haven't went through the rest of the kits to see what everything looks like... at this point I don't even care... Quality at this plant must not be too important.

45 minutes ago, KWT said:

I got mine... pretty dang disappointed would be the only words that I can post on here. I was soooooo looking forward to this. Then I opened and found...

IMG_20200422_162721181.jpg.d8a6cc7720d76800f4b62fd26c3f0e92.jpg

IMG_20200422_162853920.jpg.2a98a83904a87ef55aa7ee2760459ae6.jpg

IMG_20200422_162918703.jpg.c80e69ebb06eb2cc05e85b08547daa50.jpg

As you can see, the bags are still sealed... there's no way that made it to packaging without being noticed.

Both cabs in pieces. I haven't went through the rest of the kits to see what everything looks like... at this point I don't even care... Quality at this plant must not be too important.

Wow... I dont even know how anyone could've missed that. 

I hope Revell takes care of it, although from past experience, I have my doubts.

Got mine today, both were ok. This might have been mentioned elsewhere, but they were not  wrapped in cellophane. I thought maybe the dealer sent me opened kits, but they had little tape circles to seal the box on both ends that look like they came from the factory. Looks good overall. I like these old Monogram kits, simple but fun and they generally go together easily. Only thing that I don't like about this kit, besides the obvious wheels, is the stupid looking rear bumper. I'll need to change that. I have one from the stepside version around here somewhere! ?

4 hours ago, larman said:

Got mine today, both were ok. This might have been mentioned elsewhere, but they were not  wrapped in cellophane. I thought maybe the dealer sent me opened kits, but they had little tape circles to seal the box on both ends that look like they came from the factory. Looks good overall. I like these old Monogram kits, simple but fun and they generally go together easily. Only thing that I don't like about this kit, besides the obvious wheels, is the stupid looking rear bumper. I'll need to change that. I have one from the stepside version around here somewhere! ?

Yeah, my wife opened the package when it arrived (I use her ebay account, so it had her name on it) She thought it was used from the lack of cellophane lol

As for the bumper, I dont like it either. I'm building mine without one. I also went with the 6 lug wheels from the MPC Deserter kit. 

15 hours ago, larman said:

Got mine today, both were ok. This might have been mentioned elsewhere, but they were not  wrapped in cellophane. I thought maybe the dealer sent me opened kits, but they had little tape circles to seal the box on both ends that look like they came from the factory. Looks good overall.

Please post the ebay seller's user ID you purchased from. That might help others know they are getting an opened and inspected kit which is guaranteed to not have major damage.

10 hours ago, Rbray47 said:

Yeah, my wife opened the package when it arrived (I use her ebay account, so it had her name on it) She thought it was used from the lack of cellophane

Randy, did you buy yours from the same ebay seller as Larry? Assuming your kit was also sealed with something else and was damage free inside?

Sounds like at least one seller was aware of the damage issue, and opened the kits to inspect, then re-sealed them after passing the inspection.

1 hour ago, Rbray47 said:

Casey, I purchased mine from "ballzanos_hobby_warehouse"

When I searched ebay for the kit, I used the "sort by price, lowest to highest" They were the cheapest. Maybe that's how so many people are getting one from I 

I got mine from Ballzanos too.

The one which I purchased also had the clear , round , adhesive circles retaining the box's sides to the box's bottom . 

I thought that that was unusual for the same reason : Did someone open this to check its contents ? Or , is this how the factory is sealing the contents now ? 

I don't mind if the seller opens the box to check for damage , missing parts , etc. ; I actually prefer it be that way .

Here's the seller that I bought my copy from https://www.ebay.com/itm/324123532105 

Please delete the link if it's in violation of posting an item for sell ( not my item ; no affiliation with  the seller ) ,

Sounds like Revell may have been made aware of the issue (hopefully after sending them out), and asked re-sellers to open and inspect them. As John said, I'd actually prefer that, as it saves the buyer from having to replace defective parts.

1 hour ago, Rusty92 said:

New Revell kits are sealed with the circle shaped piece of tape. Hobby Lobby kits have had those for a while now. 

Yep - I noticed that on the last couple of kits I picked up.

I rolled the dice on the LUV - hopefully mine arrives intact :)

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Soooo....how do we blame the Chinese for this?  Anyone? 

By the same token is anyone totally shocked, this is the same U.S. facility that produced all of those warped Dodge Ramchargers.

While I agree with your cynicism and sarcasm , I will say this : the one I'd purchased via eBay has zero issues . 

Reputable retaillers and online sellers will make good on defective copies .

I recall a time back in c.1986 when Monogram's kits were rife with defects ; mostly , warped bodies , interior tubs , and chassis . Same with Revell's early 90's kits , though those were most confined to the bodies' warping . It came down to Q.C. --- slow the line down , and the quality will stabilise if not improve . 

Does Revell USA even HAVE a customer service department? They didn't for awhile. 

The tape circles are the German-Revell seal tape. That's the new normal. So the local shops are the ones to worry about on kits sealed this way. 

Just like AMT was for years. 

Got mine and both were intact with no real issues... My only complaint would be the plastic is not as workable as other Revell kits. The plastic kinda reminds me of old monogram kits...

I took my dremal to those dumb fender flares straight out the box. I'll add some styrene strips and some filler to create stock wheelwell openings. That's an easy fix,  I'm gonna refigure the bench seat interior for 1st gen camaro buckets and console, since I know these seats fit the truck peferectly in real life... While I was at it I lopped off the tabs for the side pipes too. 

My build will include modern chevy valve covers and intake, 67 Camaro seats and console, reworked body, and literally any wheels other than what is provided lol!

Time to show some Luv to the Luv! ?

20200501_154335.jpg

I got a replacement body in the mail this week. I do thank the folks at Revell, and Chris Borris, for getting that out to me in the speedy time.

I haven't had a response, as of yet, to the last message. But I can tell you, from previous messages, they are looking into production.