Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Ford BOSS 494 3d printed

mad mike

19 hours ago, mad mike said:

Everyone, thanks for the kind words.

@peteski: it's made of several parts: block, gearbox, exhaust system, intake plate with stacks, pulleys, distributor, starter with bellhousing spacer. If you look closely you will see gaps between the parts. The problem with kits in too many pieces is the space they take up on the machine and the cleaning effort. That's why I like to print the block with heads and covers on.

Ah, closer look revealed the small gaps.  That makes it much easier to paint the engine.

Wow, if this is the future of modelling then sign me up!  That is a stellar effort. Like Cluade said, would make an awesome Bonneville powerplant.  21st century Chrisman coupe, anyone?

Would you be able to estimate the amount of hours you spent producing the drawings.  I was an old school t-square and set- square kinda drafstman in a former life and I am curious - I can see hundreds of hours here.  The results are definitely worth it!!!

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...