Thanks Pat

3 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Looks real good Phil....a nice tribute.

Thanks Rich

2 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Nice job!!!

Thanks Dann

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Very well done.  I never noticed the similarity between the 23B and the Scarab before but you made it work.  

Thanks Gary - A friend is arranging a meeting with a guy visiting Victoria who raced against this car in another 23B so that will be interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...

I meet with two guys today who have raced Lotus 23B's. One guy raced his back in the day against the very car my model depicts. The other guy currently owns a 23B in which he competes in vintage race events. It was great to be able to hear their stories as well as being able  examine an actual Lotus 23B and compare it with my model which I think comes fairly close in many respects.006.thumb.JPG.2fbf44dbbf8a58728bde5814fdc48503.JPG005.jpg.aa25e811ffa15a19213691db8f82c50b.jpg004.jpg.5cd34b4c5cff437584bcd55185c9cd1f.jpg

Edited by Phildaupho

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:47 PM, Phildaupho said:

Bob also raced a brand new 65 Mustang which continued to be raced very successfully for a couple of years by John Hall. The  team also raced a Cooper Formula Junior  and an MG A scan0049.jpg.838c02ca0c9b371398636ed0cf9b5425.jpg

I don't know how I missed this one earlier. Very cool Lotus. I love the 23, one of my favourite Lotus race cars, and your rendition looks great. It really seems to capture the lines and the vibe well. I have noticed the similarities between the Scarab and the 23, and wondered if a conversion was doable. You have done a nice job on this conversion. Also, I was not aware that Revell produced a Lotus 23 slot car back in the day, so thanks for that, too.

I like the newspaper photo above. I shows well the diminutive size of the Lotus.