Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy just testing a photo!

Dave72

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

You can then decide where they should appear in the text. 

OK. I have several pictures in the bottom area. How do I insert them into the text in the upper area, in order to have text in between the pictures?

As a side not, this keeps changing, and leads to a lot of frustration.

Images uploaded at the bottom (under the text edit window) will be placed at (after) the cursor location in your text area.  Just place the text cursor where you want the picture to be placed and click on one of the multiple pictures to insert it there.  If you put the picture in the wrong spot, click on it to select it and hit delete key.

As far as I remember, this behavior hasn't changed for a long time (if ever).  I view the forum on a PC (I have no idea if smart phone version behaves differently).

Edited by peteski

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Venom said:

Just testing to see if I know how to link this: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/156909-chrome-vinyl-details-from-scratch/

Ok, looks like it worked...I think

Yes, that works. Looks like you likely added the link using the "link" button.   Another way to do this is to just paste the link directly into the text editing field.  It will then look like this:

• 3 weeks later...

Really weird.....the first 1:1 car image is the exact car I learned how to drive in and took my DMV test in in like 1969, my mom's '66 Malibu, even the same color (although  think she always had whitewalls on it.....and the second 1:1 car image is the CAR I CURRENTLY LUST FOR (new 5.0 'Stang in arrest-me red)! (I drive a 4 cyl maaaazda....an old guy can still dream....)

5 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

Really weird.....the first 1:1 car image is the exact car I learned how to drive in and took my DMV test in in like 1969, my mom's '66 Malibu, even the same color (although  think she always had whitewalls on it.....and the second 1:1 car image is the CAR I CURRENTLY LUST FOR (new 5.0 'Stang in arrest-me red)! (I drive a 4 cyl maaaazda....an old guy can still dream....)

My very first car, handed down from my grandparents, was exactly like the first image only with two more doors and two less cylinders! Got me from A to B! 

5 hours ago, Kromolly said:

OK Josh, now you're just showing off.  🤣😁

You know it ... as soon as some old fashioned guy figures out how to do a link on a computer he feels like he’s on top of the world🤠