Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Gas 57 Chevy

1320wayne

When you have as many unbuilt models as I do not every build can be a 6 month, over the top, detailed build. You've got to build some out of the box stuff from time to time. My latest is a Revell 57 Chevy done up as a Super Gas class build using a set of decals that I've had for years. 

Started by mocking up the chassis with a lowered front suspension as these kits sat way too high in the front for my liking. Primer, paint and started adding decals. I've never used Upscale Graphics before this and I'm pleasantly surprised that these decals are awesome. 

20200216_212954-vi.jpg

20200216_224059-vi.jpg

20200217_104838-vi.jpg

20200217_214159-vi.jpg

20200218_221227-vi.jpg

20200218_221209-vi.jpg

20200218_221148-vi.jpg

That’s really cool I’ve never been a fan of the flames in this issue of this kit if you don’t mind me asking  how did you lower the front and rear suspension

i think revell should reissue all of the kits in this series with the original graphics I know the 55 ford was reissued not to long ago but I really want more of the other ones with out paying ridiculous amounts of money on eBay

35 minutes ago, drag racer 15 said:

That’s really cool I’ve never been a fan of the flames in this issue of this kit if you don’t mind me asking  how did you lower the front and rear suspension

i think revell should reissue all of the kits in this series with the original graphics I know the 55 ford was reissued not to long ago but I really want more of the other ones with out paying ridiculous amounts of money on eBay

Thanks. I cut the pin from the front spindles off and raised it higher. The rear was lowered by opening the spring mount on the chassis so the spring would sit higher up in the chassis.

1320 WAYNE  I always enjoy your builds, your take on the sportsman side of drag racing looks spot on with each build. In the case of the 57 the stance and the paint & decals really set it off. It looks like a lot of motor for a super gas car but with a throttle stop anything is possible. Great job!

On 3/5/2020 at 8:57 PM, gonzo64nova said:

1320 WAYNE  I always enjoy your builds, your take on the sportsman side of drag racing looks spot on with each build. In the case of the 57 the stance and the paint & decals really set it off. It looks like a lot of motor for a super gas car but with a throttle stop anything is possible. Great job!

I had considered changing it over to a single four and intake but I also considered that there are/were racers out there that use the same car for both Super Gas and Comp. eliminator. There are so many cars that run Super Gas that have the potential to run high 7's, low 8's.