Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Mercury - Class of '55 - Graduate # 11

Ramfins59

Hey there fellow modelers.  Here is the car I finished up this evening.  It is a curbside resin kit of a 1955 Mercury.  I bought this kit back in 2017 from a guy named Jerry Koszut who did resin casting for an outfit called Mason City Miniatures in Ainsworth, Nebraska.  He was quitting the resin casting work due to age, and health issues related to working with resin for many years.  This was the last casting that he had of this car and fortunately I was able to get it.  The casting was very clean needing hardly any cleanup.

The color is Duplicolor Flame Red and what seemed like feet of BMF.  An AMT '56 Ford kit contributed the chassis, steering wheel and headlight lenses.  The whitewall tires, mirrors, antenna and license plate came from my parts stash.  The bumpers, grille and taillights did not come chromed and I used Molotow markers to chrome them.  

The interior is painted with various red paints, metallic black and BMF trim on the side panels, gray painted seat inserts and red embossing powder for "carpet".  The dashboard is painted body color with BMF & Molotow trim.  I also added an interior mirror, visors and a dome light.

This will most likely be the last model I will have finished for a while, depending, of course, on how well and fast I can recuperate and recover from my Bypass surgery next Wednesday.  I don't know how well I'll be able to navigate up & down the 13 steps to my basement model area.  I plan on bringing several kits upstairs to do some prep work on either at my dining room table, or sitting in my recliner.

Enjoy the pictures, and feel free to comment, good or bad....  and...... Please all stay very well.

Rich

HPIM5469.JPG

HPIM5471.JPG

HPIM5470.JPG

HPIM5475.JPG

HPIM5472.JPG

HPIM5473.JPG

HPIM5466.JPG

HPIM5467.JPG

HPIM5468.JPG

4 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very nice Rich!  I'll be thinking of you next Wednesday!   I wish you the very best with the surgery and recovery.  Please do post again as soon as you can to let us know things went well, as they will!  

I agree!