Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corona Virus (Covid 19) and Model Kits

On 2/22/2020 at 11:20 AM, Daddyfink said:

Image result for pet masks china

How many stitches did you need after putting the mask on that cat ? We had a Lab that only seemed to like his "Go for a walk collar" . Cats aren't known to like being messed with.  That is truly funny though. 

Edited by espo

11 hours ago, BubbaBrown said:

Buy Toilet Paper, but why ?

My guess is that people might be equating it with the Rotavirus, especially when it comes to the cruise ships.   That........or they think it’ll give them the Schlitz:lol:

Edited by Joe Handley

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

The vet tried to take my cat's temperature with a thermometer (not the oral type ;) ) when he was four months old.  He flipped around and proceeded to shred her face. Man, she used curse words I never heard before. :D

We had a similar experience with our Lab. He just wasn't going for it. We had a wonderful Vet. and after a couple of thermometers he said our dog was just fine and he was still laughing as we were leaving. 

I just had to make a market run for my wife. Ya she said to pickup some TP while I was there. The TP isle has a 2 per person limit and all they would need is about 3 or 4 more people and they would be out. I scored the last 3 Cottonel Wipes that they had. Hardly any bread on the shelves and the Ice Cream is all but gone. No Ice Cream, now I'm starting to panic. 

53 minutes ago, espo said:

I just had to make a market run for my wife. Ya she said to pickup some TP while I was there. The TP isle has a 2 per person limit and all they would need is about 3 or 4 more people and they would be out. I scored the last 3 Cottonel Wipes that they had. Hardly any bread on the shelves and the Ice Cream is all but gone. No Ice Cream, now I'm starting to panic. 

I bought coffee yesterday - lots on the shelf. Now it seems odd - there are many substitutes for TP, but GOOD COFFEE? People’s priorities. Ice cream falls into the no-substitute-for-good-[insert your poison here] also...

Here in the PNW, as far as I know, all model shows are cancelled. Heck, all schools cancelled in WA until April 24. 

17 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

I bought coffee yesterday - lots on the shelf. Now it seems odd - there are many substitutes for TP, but GOOD COFFEE? People’s priorities. Ice cream falls into the no-substitute-for-good-[insert your poison here] also...

Here in the PNW, as far as I know, all model shows are cancelled. Heck, all schools cancelled in WA until April 24. 

I'm with you on Coffee. I'm enjoying a pot of Italian Roast from Peet's Coffee right now. 

5 hours ago, espo said:

I'm with you on Coffee. I'm enjoying a pot of Italian Roast from Peet's Coffee right now. 

Another Peet's drinker! Been drinking Peet's coffee since college. It was served by Mr. Peet himself. My wife said all the Peet's at the local grocery store was sold out. There was plenty of other coffee. We seem to be a dedicated lot. I just wonder why the liquor department looks largely untouched. 

2 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Another Peet's drinker! Been drinking Peet's coffee since college. It was served by Mr. Peet himself. My wife said all the Peet's at the local grocery store was sold out. There was plenty of other coffee. We seem to be a dedicated lot. I just wonder why the liquor department looks largely untouched. 

This last year the local markets have been offering 1 lb. bags of unground or ground coffee. As I'm sure you already know that is not fresh enough. We used to live in Sacramento and I would get Java City Coffee since they had little shops around the area. A coworker shoed me an article in GQ Magazine about Peet's being rated as #1 Coffee by them in the late '90s and I have been ordering direct ever since. Every other month I get 4 lb. of whole beans on my door step with 4 - 5 days of roasting.  I stay with the Dark Beans and usually try their flavor of the month as one of the 4. Hope you enjoyed your cup of joe today. 

The dirty family in the apartment next to us (you know, the one with the mice and roaches and rotten garbage smell that the landlord can’t evict because they threatened him with a racism suit) had an ambulance arrive today and take one of the parents away, coughing and spitting.

I sure wish if they thought one of them might be sick they hadn’t let their kids use our tiny lobby as a playground all week, touching everyone’s doors and buzzers and coughing on everything.

Hope we don’t catch it...but also the past week of staying in has actually been less stressful than I figured it would be, terrible neighbors aside.  Got a lot of modeling done and my work bench has never been better organized! 

On 2/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, HomerS said:

I'm avoiding the Coronavirus by cleaning surfaces with alcohol and purifying myself with a different kinda alcohol taken internally.....

I've discovered that scotch is especially effective.  If taken in sufficient quantities, you won't even care if you're sick. 

On 3/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, espo said:

Brand makes no difference to me as all my coffee has to be cooked down to a thin tar like consistency for me to drink it.

Too many years driving trucks I guess!LOL

4 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Brand makes no difference to me as all my coffee has to be cooked down to a thin tar like consistency for me to drink it.

Too many years driving trucks I guess!LOL

Sometimes you don't realize the difference unless you have tried something else. I know what you mean about over cooked coffee and that is why I started looking for something better.