Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for Holley 4500 carb for drag die cast car

Vietnam Vet67

Picked up this die cast at the Chrysler swap meet here in Michigan last weekend. No Box. It is missing one carb. Don't know if it is 1/24 or 1/25. Can anyone help me get a carb for this??? Carb diameter is 5/16". It is chrome with gold float bowls. Obviously I can paint one if it has the wrong colors. Thanks for any help you can provide.

IMG_2655.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

Edited by Vietnam Vet67
more pictures

If you want to go the easy way the same exact carburetor can be found in most of the Revell/Monogram Pro Stock kits and there are several resin casters casting them, so these are not difficult to find.
I have been around the real stuff for many many years and these are definately not the best representation of a Holley 4500 Dominator by any means as a real Dominator doesn't look like that at all, so I don't know why so many still use them on their builds because I think these model "blobs" look awful, the Jo-Han 4500 carbs from for example the 71 Sox & Martin 'Cuda looks a lot more like the real ones.
Unfortunately Fireball just have the 4150 and 4160 styles for Holley's and they are great but no 4500 at all, so the best Holley 4500 I have seen so far from anyone is the E-DOM-2N from Futurattraction, so if you want to skip the model carb and get a more correct look, use a couple of them.

Edited by Force

25 minutes ago, Force said:

If you want to go the easy way the same exact carburetor can be found in most of the Revell/Monogram Pro Stock kits and there are several resin casters casting them, so these are not difficult to find.
I have been around the real stuff for many many years and these are definately not the best representation of a Holley 4500 Dominator by any means as a real Dominator doesn't look like that at all, so I don't know why so many still use them on their builds because I think these model "blobs" look awful, the Jo-Han 4500 carbs from for example the 71 Sox & Martin 'Cuda looks a lot more like the real ones.
Unfortunately Fireball just have the 4150 and 4160 styles for Holley's and they are great but no 4500 at all, so the best Holley 4500 I have seen so far from anyone is the E-DOM-2N from Futurattraction, so if you want to skip the model carb and get a more correct look, use a couple of them.

He speaks the truth. Hands down best looking Dominators out there.