Model Cars Magazine Forum

Very nice Mark!  Tamiya does a good job on everything but the darned Phillips head screws!  I will never understand why they can't come up with little hex heads.  I it's just so jarring to my eye to see everything so well executed except that and they do that on every bike!

This is a brand new kit.   It builds a modern Monkey (with fuel injection among other upgrades) not the old one from the '70's.

All the large scale Tamiya kits use those screws to some degree now.  That's part of what takes me so long to build some of them, machining all new hardware...

Sadly once they jump out at you it's what you see first.

On 2/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, Scale-Master said:

This is a brand new kit.   It builds a modern Monkey (with fuel injection among other upgrades) not the old one from the '70's.

All the large scale Tamiya kits use those screws to some degree now.  That's part of what takes me so long to build some of them, machining all new hardware...

Sadly once they jump out at you it's what you see first.

Well said Mark.  ?

Looks great Mark!

Following your other superb build threads (where you end up rebuilding most of the model's parts), I noticed that this one was build box-stock.  Were you taking a  break from your usual construction techniques, and build something simpler for a change?

4 hours ago, Scale-Master said:

Thanks guys!

Pete, I build a lot of box stock kits.  Probably a dozen or more a year.  I usually have two or more reviews in each SA and they are always "Out Of The Box" plus what I build for other clients.

I see. I did not know that. I have not read SA for many years.