Model Cars Magazine Forum
GoodbuildNY

Revell Henry J gasser

That looks killer, have not had one of those kits since I was a kid. Been wanting another one pretty bad, this makes it worse...... :) 

23 hours ago, cobraman said:

Another very nice model.

Dido. Very nice. I've always liked those Henry J's . Great color choice.

Nice! I could have used those dump headers on a Willys gasser I'm working on right now.

Fabulous! Very possibly the nicest Henry J model I've ever seen built. I've got a Skip's Fiesta issue of this thing somewhere in the Snakepit; you're making me want to dig it out and slap it together! B)

Windows part way down, love it.

heard this one is quite fiddly. Would love to have one of them in my stash though.

I've given thought to building this car several times. When I was a kid the Saints version of this car had just come out. Looks like I may have to pull the trigger after seeing this fine build posted. Great work here Dave.

What's the pretty green paint? Is that Testor One-Coat Emerald? It looks very most way excellent on this car. 

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

What's the pretty green paint? Is that Testor One-Coat Emerald? It looks very most way excellent on this car. 

Yes sir ... for rattle can paint I like the way the testors one coat lays on

Like many of you guys on here a lot of these models I either built or lusted after as a kid. Funny thing is as an adult builder having a chance to do them you realize some of these kits weren’t really that nice lol ... but for me that’s part of the challenge to make them right

10 minutes ago, GoodbuildNY said:

Like many of you guys on here a lot of these models I either built or lusted after as a kid. Funny thing is as an adult builder having a chance to do them you realize some of these kits weren’t really that nice lol ... but for me that’s part of the challenge to make them right

Do I ever hear you on that count. I built the Revell  Street Demon themed '54 Chevy Panel Wagon from the early 80's and did I find out just how true that statement of yours really is. Really tough to build and pull off with any kind of decent outcome.