Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2020 Kits !

Mr mopar

On 2/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, espo said:

While many are sort of poo pooing the '69 Chevelle I'll be welcoming it as something new to play with. For those who wish to build an accurate COPO Chevelle a good reference of an original COPO is featured in the April 2020 issue of the Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine. We're coming up on the first of March and I'm holding a April issue ?? Many good pictures and an interesting story on the car. 

David is absolutely correct about that article in the new Hemmings Muscle Machines.....check it out if a COPO Chevelle build is on your radar.  TIM

On 2/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, CapSat 6 said:

I just hope they do a '72 Rear bumper setup. That would complete the outside look of the car, and it would be a nice piece to adapt to other builds.

I had suggested this exact kit derivative to Revell several years ago (before the Hobbico bankruptcy), and IIRC also noted the 1972 componentry on the car along with the suggestion.. 

Don't have any idea whether my idea was what caused them to go ahead with the new kit, but glad to see it nonetheless.  TIM

Edited by tim boyd

On 3/1/2020 at 11:13 AM, Snake45 said:

I think they still have it in the "little bottle" line, but not sure if it's called Bug Yellow there. 

Thanks Snake....

10 hours ago, RichCostello said:

Hobby Lobby has Testors Bug Yellow enamel in spray cans.

Thanks rich, I am going to pick up a can...

44 minutes ago, Nazz said:

Hey Snake, that original '69 Camino, does the body taper as it gets to the rear? I tried to PM but can't get through.

You mean in width? I just checked and it's a little wider at the rear wheels than it is from there back, but I hadn't noticed it until you asked. Dunno if that's accurate or not but it's nothing that jolts the eye. 

Not that I need any more kits, but the GTX looks pretty cool.   Also, I wonder where they came up with the Golden Gate Bridge idea for the Chevelle box art?  In real life there is a fort not far behind the Chevelle, and there is a beach - with no road - where the car is driving!!  But much better box art than for the '68 Chevelle.  I once fell asleep looking at that box :

12 hours ago, Chris in Berwyn said:

Not that I need any more kits, but the GTX looks pretty cool.   Also, I wonder where they came up with the Golden Gate Bridge idea for the Chevelle box art?  In real life there is a fort not far behind the Chevelle, and there is a beach - with no road - where the car is driving!!  But much better box art than for the '68 Chevelle.  I once fell asleep looking at that box :

I am so excited to be able to build a 69 Chevelle without removing those 68 moldings.  I would assume Revell wouldn't make the same mistake that AMT  has for years...

34 minutes ago, drodg said:

I am so excited to be able to build a 69 Chevelle without removing those 68 moldings.  I would assume Revell wouldn't make the same mistake that AMT  has for years...

Hopefully the sides are "inserts" ; and hopefully the 1968-only interior , etc. , tooling isn't modified into the 1969 interior . 

Then there's the 1969 model year "alternator-side-swap"... 

Unrelated  ; how much effort is involved in changing the upgrade Super Sport interior to that of the 300 model ? 

5 hours ago, drodg said:

You and me both. I'm considering the new '69 with the roof cut off to make a nice convertible.

1 hour ago, Matt T. said:

Prior to the Chinese production delay?

If so, is late summer more realistic?

The Chinese facilities for injection molding were not near the epicenter of the outbreak have been back up and running for a few weeks now. Round2 is expecting kits again in April, and the test of Revell's release time will be easily determined based on when the Jeep Rubicon & '29 Fords hit the distributors  (the LUV doesn't count as it's being run here in the U.S.).

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

The Chinese facilities for injection molding were not near the epicenter of the outbreak have been back up and running for a few weeks now. Round2 is expecting kits again in April, and the test of Revell's release time will be easily determined based on when the Jeep Rubicon & '29 Fords hit the distributors  (the LUV doesn't count as it's being run here in the U.S.).

Great news. Thanks. Stay safe everyone. 

On 3/11/2020 at 7:17 PM, niteowl7710 said:

My apologies if it has been discussed here before, but how is the LUV being run in the USA? Did they bring the tooling here? The general understanding was that any R/M tooling that was in the US at the time of the Hobbico bankruptcy was bought by Atlantis. Is that incorrect?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

My apologies if it has been discussed here before, but how is the LUV being run in the USA? Did they bring the tooling here? The general understanding was that any R/M tooling that was in the US at the time of the Hobbico bankruptcy was bought by Atlantis. Is that incorrect?

Atlantis got everything the "new Revell" didn't want, that was over here.  

44 minutes ago, Mark said:

Atlantis got everything the "new Revell" didn't want, that was over here.  

Salvinos has ex Revell tooling too.......No one that has the facts has a exact list of what Atlantis or Salvinos got.......lots of guesses.