Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2020 Kits !

Mr mopar

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 8:54 AM, Snake45 said:

Or, a kitbash between the AMT '68 Elky and the new Revell '69 might be possible, which isn't using the AMT '69. :unsure:

But rest assured, one of the two of them will be bringing out a '69 Elky. I know this for a fact because I recently spent eBay buck$ to buy, and several hours of careful tedious work to restore/rescue, an original AMT '69 Elky. You're welcome. :angry:

5Rescues14.jpg.9a377daa6e7a2eb0c3ec0ab566730387.jpg

The 68 El Camino is wider than the coupes. Pretty sure the bumpers won't swap.

20 minutes ago, Bob Ellis said:

The 68 El Camino is wider than the coupes. Pretty sure the bumpers won't swap.

I just did a little checking.

I've known for years that you can't easily swap the old tool AMT  '69 grille /bumper onto the newer tool AMT '68 elCamino ,,

BUT

I just checked the Revell '68 grille into the AMT elCamino. right width. I'd say the Revell '69 should fit with a little sanding.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:55 AM, martinfan5 said:

I can't get correct parts for the KA Models Mazda K360 kit because of the lack of mail service coming to the USA from South Korea( wrong parts trees were put in a small percentage of the kits), it would be nice to one day maybe finish the model with the correct parts☹️

Drop Lawrence Yang an email, he's the president of the company, I'm sure he'll help you out. 

wjyang95@ka-models.com

On 8/23/2020 at 10:37 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Another way to consider things - when WingNut Wings went belly up a few months ago, and almost instantly Meng announced it was releasing the 1/32 Fokker D1Triplane, the Interwebs lost their collective minds.  There was so much "OMG! CHINA STOLE THE MOLDS AND GAVE THEM TO MENG!!!"  Whoooooops turns out Meng had been tooling all of the WnW kits this whole time, Meng also offers contract tooling & production services to a wide variety of other companies.  

Thanks, I wondered about the rest of the story with WingNut Wings.  So I'll ignore all the eBay scalpers and wait for MENG to re-issue that 1/32 scale WnW Gotha bomber.  I'll probably never build it and if I did, would need to build an extra room to display it.  But I can set the unopened box on a shelf and admire it.

There's a lot of confusing ties between the various Chinese model companies right now.  A new company called Das Werk releases its own kits, but also puts out different versions of armor kits originally done by TAKOM and other companies.  The boxes usually have the original company's logo on them, or say "Das Werk 100% New." 

With one exception:  Das Werk recently released a "new" 1/35 scale Kettenkrad - the weird motorcycle half-track.  It's just the old Dragon kit in a Das Werk box.  The only "new" part of it is the decal sheet.  But the box top doesn't mention that.  

9 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Drop Lawrence Yang an email, he's the president of the company, I'm sure he'll help you out. 

wjyang95@ka-models.com

Ive been communicating with him since April , but he hasnt been able to do anything yet because of the lack of intl mail service going out of SK.

Edited by martinfan5